24 Raptor R trombone exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposed to get my 24 R next week, supposedly trucks built after May have the trombone exhaust from the gen 3's. Do you guys with builds after May 24 have the trombone exhaust? Curious on the sound difference

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video is the most detailed I’ve seen about the 2024 changes. At ~ 42:00 the engineer said the trombone EL exhaust and “a couple” other changes will come to the V8 late in the model year. That’s pretty annoying if I’m being honest. So basically early 2024 R’s will be bastardized and miss “a couple” changes that late cycle 2024’s will have. Why?? The Raptor taking part in a mid-cycle refresh was annoying enough, but now you’re making “running changes” mid model year? Cool

I think mostly for cost savings so they can make the raptor R exhaust more or less the same as the 3.5 exhaust. I saw another video on instagram where they mentioned it as well. Surprised no one has looked under their check and posted a reply yet

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R was built in April of 2024 and doesn't have any sort of trombone exhaust like the V6 has. Not sure why it would need it either.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposed to get my 24 R next week, supposedly trucks built after May have the trombone exhaust from the gen 3's. Do you guys with builds after May 24 have the trombone exhaust? Curious on the sound difference
the trubone is only to make the shity sounding v6 sound acceptable,no reason for it on an r