2024 Raptor R High Idle At Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah out of all my sports cars the raptor r has the second best sounding exhaust. I like the burbles and pops. My 2023 Urus has the best exhaust however and its exhaust (and looks) turns heads while driving. The raptor even in Baja does not so I wonder how much is pumped into the cabin?
I don’t think that’s because of the exhaust, I just think one is a yellow Lamborghini, and one is an F150.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 24 ecoboost does the same,1500 for 1mn and 30s,only 700 miles,waiting the 1 000 miles .....

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure the correct forum. However on startup in the last week(750miles) when I start the truck I get a very strong gasoline smell in the cabin. Only lasts a couple of minutes after I roll the windows down and drive a few minutes. Any ideas. Otherwise it drives normally

beemerb0y

Reaction score
there is an option in the settings menu for "quiet start" , you can set it to always be in effect, or at certain times/schedule.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is an option in the settings menu for "quiet start" , you can set it to always be in effect, or at certain times/schedule.
Has no impact. The issue is not really the high idle at start as lot of cars do that, but it is the subtle vibration at 1500 rpm that is the most concerning. Several have reported both are "normal".

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has no impact. The issue is not really the high idle at start as lot of cars do that, but it is the subtle vibration at 1500 rpm that is the most concerning. Several have reported both are "normal".
I was told by the dealer that it's normal. Seems a bit strange but I'm not too concerned about it.