2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's everywhere the same, not only Ford, not only cars business, unfortunately...
Prices of everythings became absurd and now everybody wants to make economy everywhere it's possible, it concludes with expensive prices for less quality...
I am very glad with my early built 20's wich have no default since day one, it was a bet for me, bcs , where I am it's complicate to use warranty...(complicate, but not impossible, well don't need it, its good, and my truck won't need to return do a Ford dealer, even if I have to say I have a very good one dealer ford not far away...)
Good luck everybody, some issues are minor and easy to fix, keep in mind you have a reliable truck you can trust !

VJDWashington

Reaction score
It's everywhere the same, not only Ford, not only cars business, unfortunately...
Prices of everythings became absurd and now everybody wants to make economy everywhere it's possible, it concludes with expensive prices for less quality...
I am very glad with my early built 20's wich have no default since day one, it was a bet for me, bcs , where I am it's complicate to use warranty...(complicate, but not impossible, well don't need it, its good, and my truck won't need to return do a Ford dealer, even if I have to say I have a very good one dealer ford not far away...)
Good luck everybody, some issues are minor and easy to fix, keep in mind you have a reliable truck you can trust !
I've been following this thread from the beginning and have had my '24 801A for 5 weeks as of today. Without wanting to sound arrogant, I'll list out a few comments to some of the posts:
*Thumping/Bumping sound from the back is clearly exhaust tone note I feel. I noticed it from day one and at first it made my heart jump a beat thinking some catastrophic failure was near. I live on top of a hill and the 40-45 mph accent to slowing and hard turn causes the 'bobble-pop' every time now. Roll your windows down and check for yourself-of throw someone in the bed of the truck to listen...
*If you haven't had your first oil change as it sounds like many have not and are over 500 miles, get it done soon. This is a high performance engine and there is wide opinion of break-in procedure but why risk anything over a $120 oil change that you will need to do in the future anyway. 1st @ 500 miles, 2nd at 2500 miles then your regular 5K or a bit more beyond.
*I canceled my order with my local dealer and bought from a dealer in Indiana. I had the truck shipped to me in WA state. That said, I know my local dealership very well and have an appointment scheduled for June 3 to drop off the truck for install of a Ford hard folding bed cover and a few other bits that we've ordered. They will address all of the other 'Build Quality Issues' then from warped dash, tailgate trim and squeaking, HOLE on front edge of jockey box lid between driver and passenger, (Front edge). At least 2 of the 4 fender flares not fitting tightly and other issues.

I really do LOVE the truck!. Oxford White with decals and Black trim just looks so tough! Commands respect on the road and when I made a small 300 mile road trip last weekend, around 6:45 AM, I was traveling down I-5 south of Seattle traveling 10 over, (70), and a loud exhaust rips past me doing 90+. Another Raptor owner loving the road and the company on it early Saturday morning! Proud of what I drive and proud of FORD. They just need to clean up their act on the build quality and inspection IMO.

$80-100K is not what is was in the past...(another story-another time)

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
*If you haven't had your first oil change as it sounds like many have not and are over 500 miles, get it done soon. This is a high performance engine and there is wide opinion of break-in procedure but why risk anything over a $120 oil change that you will need to do in the future anyway. 1st @ 500 miles, 2nd at 2500 miles then your regular 5K or a bit more beyond.
Is this recommendation just your personal preference/feel good, put the mind at ease preventative approach or do you access to some data that I haven't seen yet regarding 2024 ecoboosts? I ask because I would truly like to know if this recommendation is from a Ford engineer or another verified automotive powertrain engineer? It would be really nice to have some definitive data from Ford or truly reputable sources so everyone could follow and bring clarification. The manual specifically calls out break-in period but nothing is mentioned about oil changes besides following the intelligent oil life monitor

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally get big business and revenue/profit...good ole "cost per minute haha!" Not sure why many, not all, big corporations don't truly understand/covet the customer experience more. I guess they won't stop cutting corners until we quit buying these gat damn Raptors which won't happen haha.
I completely agree with you

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just gonna come out and say it…

There are a lot of QC issues with these 2024 Raptors. More than previous years. Did Ford change something on the line??

VJDWashington

Reaction score
Is this recommendation just your personal preference/feel good, put the mind at ease preventative approach or do you access to some data that I haven't seen yet regarding 2024 ecoboosts? I ask because I would truly like to know if this recommendation is from a Ford engineer or another verified automotive powertrain engineer? It would be really nice to have some definitive data from Ford or truly reputable sources so everyone could follow and bring clarification. The manual specifically calls out break-in period but nothing is mentioned about oil changes besides following the intelligent oil life monitor
This is just my personal thoughts on the break-in of any engine. From Porsche to Mercedes etc, their engineers talk about the expansion of the material in engine moving parts and wear through heat=use. Oil is the lifeblood.
An oil change at an 'early point' is just money in the bank in my book but to each their own.

OP
OP
R

rp2024

Reaction score
I’m just gonna come out and say it…

There are a lot of QC issues with these 2024 Raptors. More than previous years. Did Ford change something on the line??
So much for their CEO claiming that they do extra quality checks. According to the CEO 2024 ford lineup has better initial quality. Apparently not lol his version of quality is a bit different than what most of us would expect.

Raptorman19

Reaction score
I posted earlier about interior issues. I also have the exhaust clunk. Still way better than my 2019 was, it had so many more issues. Leaking washer fluid, multiple scratches on the dash, dent in drivers and passenger door jams, dent in a pillar, scratch in rear seat, chipped fender flares, broken tailgate handle, rusty frame, rusty cv axels and rusty rear axle. I am sure I am missing something.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
This is just my personal thoughts on the break-in of any engine. From Porsche to Mercedes etc, their engineers talk about the expansion of the material in engine moving parts and wear through heat=use. Oil is the lifeblood.
An oil change at an 'early point' is just money in the bank in my book but to each their own.
Thanks for that additional info/explanation! Can't ever go wrong with your gut and what gives ya ultimate piece of mind. I still knock on wood haha!