2024 forscan Glarefree headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is a thread on this already, but it looks like the code is slightly different on the 24 trucks. Has anyone been able to get the glare free working correctly on the 24 raptors/Raptor R? Copying what I posted in another thread.

I have a 24 Raptor R and been trying to do this mod. I was successful with my 22, but HCM 734-01-04 does not exist on my 24. It stops at 734-01-02. I have a "white auto" sign not green, but I can see glare free in the menu. I have a feeling the 24 glare free settings are different. When I try to change 734-01-01 and 734-01-02 I get an error every time of "writing blocks failed - incompatible configuration"

edit* adding on to this. When I make a change to certain modules and write it, everything looks and saves correctly, but when I go back to the module it reverts back to the original. This is happening with the SCCM for for glare free both with the as built and not

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to ask, what is this supposed to do/change/solve?
Instead of your high beams just turning on and off when another car comes your way it will gradually dim the left high beam to not blind the other car and keep the right one on. Essentially more advanced auto high beam that higher end luxury cars have. This video explains it well

OptimusPrime

Reaction score
For on-coming cars, I find glare free doesn't slowly dim the high beams or create a shadowed box, instead it shuts off the high beams, then fades the right-side high beam back on. I think there is also some movement of the light beam to bias it a bit further right too. When following a car, glare free will fade both high beams back on, with each light pointed further out on its respective side, making a shadow in the middle where the car in front sits. Same effect just how is gets there isn't quite like the video.

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For on-coming cars, I find glare free doesn't slowly dim the high beams or create a shadowed box, instead it shuts off the high beams, then fades the right-side high beam back on. I think there is also some movement of the light beam to bias it a bit further right too. When following a car, glare free will fade both high beams back on, with each light pointed further out on its respective side, making a shadow in the middle where the car in front sits. Same effect just how is gets there isn't quite like the video.
I agree it works more like how you described, but still better than normal adaptive lights

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that took the wind out of my sails. I wonder why. Wonder if it’s software or hardware
Software from what I have found. They are basically using the superduty software and it doesn’t even have the capability for Matrix lights. It uses the BCM for high beam ramping etc instead of the HCM. Pretty crappy.