2024 Ford F-150 Raptor 801A - Rear Passenger-Side Fender Flare LED Inoperable from Factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LochRaven

Reaction score
I missed the rear passenger-side fender flare LED being out during my purchase inspection at the dealer. I looked at the wiring and did not find a connector on the power cable exiting the inside wall of the rear panel where the fender flare is located. Instead, I found the cable from the fender flare going into all the other cables taped up into the wire harness in the rear bumper.

Is there a connector in the fender flare? I was hoping the issue would be as simple as finding the LED power cable unplugged at the connector. Then, all I would have to do is reconnect, and I would avoid having to deal with Ford Service.

Does anyone have the part number for a 2024 Ford F-150 Raptor rear passenger-side fender flare LED?

Thank you for your help.

OP
OP
L

LochRaven

Reaction score
Yes, it’s behind the fender flare. I can’t believe I didn’t see the pinched power cable last night when I was lying underneath there smokin’ a big fatty (cigar) checking out everything. I’m new to trucks, so I was under there for a while with my Fenix headlamp, looking over everything and seeing how everything was put together. It sure does look like there’s a lot of shit under there I would like better protected. I don’t understand why all the cable ends are not wrapped and better protected. I’ll leave that thought for another post.

FYI, many of the clips towards the rear part of the fender flare are accessible from the inside, so you can use plyers to pinch the clip post and easily pull the fender flare away from the rear panel.

I went from owning a 2021 PowerBoost that was a nightmare with all my issues to this new 2024 Raptor, and right out of the gate, I found this pinched LED power cable and the connector not properly connected from the factory. I also had to finish seating the tailgate panel that wasn't fully seated from the factory. I hope this is not a trend. It makes me wonder what else Ford overlooked that might rear its ugly head right after my warranty expires. I guess I should be grateful, considering all the other horror stories I've read on this forum and YouTube. Regardless, I still love my truck!

Thank you for reading my post. I hope this information is helpful if someone ever has to replace a fender flare LED.

Attachments

• Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare LED (Pic 1 of 3).jpg
    Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare LED (Pic 1 of 3).jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare LED (Pic 2 of 3).jpg
    Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare LED (Pic 2 of 3).jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare LED (Pic 3 of 3).jpg
    Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare LED (Pic 3 of 3).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: