2024 Aux Switch Wire Colors (The Ford Manual No Longer Tells you) Here are the Colors/Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have been working with some customers who had a hard time figuring out what color wires were which switch on their 24's. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Ford changed the colors again in 2024.

In the past, you could always look up the colors in the manual. Originally it was a paper manual. Then it went digital. Even the digital version showed you the switch wires/colors up until 2024.

This 2024 model though, we looked through the manual and online, and no where was there an update to the new colors and what they were. So working with our customers, we put the wire color chart together for you by process of elimination.
Strip a wire, turn on each switch one by one until it would turn on a test light. It's unfortunate this had to be done, however, we wanted to be sure this information was passed along for anyone else who needed this info.

We will post a detailed video on here soon on locating your switch wires and full detail. In the mean time, here are your simple directions-

1: The Aux wires are located between the battery case and the headlight on the PASSENGER SIDE. They are taped under the branch bungle of wires you see down in that crevice. It is easier and quicker to simply remove the battery and the plastic case that holds the battery to get to them than to squeeze your hands down there.

2: There are 2 bundles. Both bundles of wires have the SAME colors. ONE bundle is wrapped in WHITE tape. The other bundle is wrapped in RED tape. The one with RED tape is the one you want. It is the POWERED wire set. The bundle with WHITE tape are simply EXTENSIONS into the passenger floor board. There is nothing connected to them on either end. They are simply a way to EXTEND your switch wires to connect to them INSIDE the truck.

3: There are only 5 Wires, not 6. Your #1 switch wire was stolen to connect to the second pair of Rigid/OEM fogs from Ford. This is the one pair that has the black covers on them. The pair that is NOT covered is connected to the Headlight/Fog Switch.

If you want to get your Aux 1 Switch back, you can do this with a set of these splitters to combine your 2 Pairs into your Fog switch. Then the second link, a relocation harness to bring your Aux 1 switch connection back up to your other 5 switch wires.

4: Switch Wire Colors-

1 – (used in the bumper for the OEM fog lights. To get this back you would use our relocation harness) - 10 amp fuse. (This was swapped from #3 so # 3 is now 15 amps)

2 – GREEN/BROWN - 15 amps

3 – YELLOW - 15 amps

4 – BROWN - 10 amps

5 – BLUE /ORANGE - 5 amps

6 – YELLOW/ORANGE - 5 amps

1717788356628.jpeg

If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to reach out-

Info @spvparts.com
SPVparts.com
317/934/6778

Last edited:

alockbox

Reaction score
This is what I was looking for and should be a sticky!

Since getting the 24, I’m every day tailgated on the highway at 82 miles an hour by tiny cars following so close I can only see half the windshield and above. I literally will hold my hand open and pointed towards the rear window and push back towards it to signal “BACK OFF” and then they finally do for a bit. I’ve been thinking I need to rig up some lights back there connected to Aux 6 and just flip on and off to warn.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is what I was looking for and should be a sticky!

Since getting the 24, I’m every day tailgated on the highway at 82 miles an hour by tiny cars following so close I can only see half the windshield and above. I literally will hold my hand open and pointed towards the rear window and push back towards it to signal “BACK OFF” and then they finally do for a bit. I’ve been thinking I need to rig up some lights back there connected to Aux 6 and just flip on and off to warn.
I sent a message to the admin to see if he will make it a sticky per your request. Hopefully it helps others.

John
SPV Parts

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
......to signal “BACK OFF” and then they finally do for a bit. I’ve been thinking I need to rig up some lights back there connected to Aux 6 and just flip on and off to warn.

It works well....debating if want to do same thing on '24 or go with SPV S1 kit and not have to drill the bumper. The flush mount is nice and clean.

20230111_150911~2.jpg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It works well....debating if want to do same thing on '24 or go with SPV S1 kit and not have to drill the bumper. The flush mount is nice and clean.

View attachment 456838
Whichever way you choose to go, please let us know if we can assist in anyway. The ultimate goal is to make sure you are happy with your setup on your vehicle. I would be happy to help you put together a kit whichever way you prefer. ;)

Feel free to call or text me at the number below if you have any questions at all.

Have a great day!

Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
info@spvparts

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks John for replying to my email about the 24 aux switch colors. That is what i needed top notch customer service as always. I am a Baja Design guy but decided to go with a set of Diode Dynamics SSC2 fogs form John with backlights. I am super happy with them they look fantastic DD make a great light.
IMG_2259.jpeg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks John for replying to my email about the 24 aux switch colors. That is what i needed top notch customer service as always. I am a Baja Design guy but decided to go with a set of Diode Dynamics SSC2 fogs form John with backlights. I am super happy with them they look fantastic DD make a great light.
View attachment 456952
Looks great!

John