2023 First Oil Change - Blackstone Labs Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HookEm

Reaction score
I realize there are some other oil threads, but I thought this might be interesting to some. Picked up in Aug 2023, first oil change at 4,307 miles. Results are for the factory Motorcraft 5W-50. I refilled with Amsoil Signature 5W-50 - it will be interesting to see the Amsoil test results next time around.
23 RAPTOR-240507_Redacted.jpg

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize there are some other oil threads, but I thought this might be interesting to some. Picked up in Aug 2023, first oil change at 4,307 miles. Results are for the factory Motorcraft 5W-50. I refilled with Amsoil Signature 5W-50 - it will be interesting to see the Amsoil test results next time around.
View attachment 458104
I love the Blackstone analysis!, I recently had the second sample tested from my 2017, I had changed oil flavor/type between the two analysis and the report showed an improvement at 130K, very comforting to read a report like that,piece of mind!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do they still have a 2 month lead time?

Nice to see 5-50 being used in that engine from the oem.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
I sent a sample in and they received it 5/29. They've not analyzed it yet, but they have acknowledged receipt in their system. I've sent them samples many times over the last decade+. This is the longest they've ever taken to complete analysis. Even with it taking this long, it's still valuable information ahead of the next change.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sent a sample in and they received it 5/29. They've not analyzed it yet, but they have acknowledged receipt in their system. I've sent them samples many times over the last decade+. This is the longest they've ever taken to complete analysis. Even with it taking this long, it's still valuable information ahead of the next change.
The Tundra debacle has really backed them up, seems like everyone on the Tundra forum is sending samples to see if they have silver bearing material present.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done my race car oil with them for years I have a box of kits in the basement great company. I should do my Raptor R at next change before I get the whipple to be safe.

rao26

Reaction score
I just knocked out my first oil change at 750 miles. No way I’d go 7,500 like they say you can. Too much shiny stuff for my taste and I’m glad it’s out. I’ll change again at 3k and then every 3k. Went with amsoil and amsoil filter. Amsoil filter is noticeably larger than the stock one. I sent in a sample and I’ll post it in 1-2 months or so when it comes back.