2022 Raptor Steering Wheel Shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cparker

Reaction score
Hey guys, so here's the deal. I have a 2022 Raptor with around 50,00 miles on it. Over the past month, I started noticing my steering wheel was shaking side to side. My initial thought was perhaps it was time for new tires, so I threw a set of Falken Wildpeak AT4's on. After driving it for a few days, the shaking actually felt worse, so the dealership chalked it up to a "bad set of tires" and actually gave me a new set of the K03's. The day I get the truck back.... steering wheel is still shaking.

To make a very long and agonizing five weeks of my life with back and forth to dealerships short.. Two different dealerships have gone through the front end and cannot find anything lose, or needing replaced. The final time into the dealership they actually told me to "just lower the tire pressure down to around 30, and it will make it better". I'm beyond frustrated, and just ready to go back to a reliable 3rd Gen Tacoma. The steering wheel shake seems to come and go depending on speed and road surface. Some roads it's smooth as can be and feels perfect, then I'll hit a 20 mile stretch where the wheel is shaking back and fourth (video below) and is maddening to drive, especially over 50 MPH.

Has anyone come across this, or have any suggestions of what to do?

View attachment Raptor.mov

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I wonder if you have a bad shock? I saw a raptor going down the highway and the driver front tire was visibly bouncing up and down. If you can duplicate the problem you might have someone drive next to you and watch, just to mark that off the list.

OP
OP
cparker

cparker

Reaction score
I wonder if you have a bad shock? I saw a raptor going down the highway and the driver front tire was visibly bouncing up and down. If you can duplicate the problem you might have someone drive next to you and watch, just to mark that off the list.
Hadn't thought of that, I can give it a try. Thank you!