2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2, I would like to see more Picts also

The roof wrap was a great idea, will be adding it to the 'mod options list'.

Would love to see some more pics ! =)

Only have one more and it's not much different, turned out kinda dark bc I was messing with the white balance. Will take some more tomorrow or the next day and post again.

Thanks for the compliments, not really a new idea but I do like the look. My MB car had the option from the factory and I like the contrast, especially from the front it catches your eye coming down the road.

MXBvINj.jpg

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving this truck, finally got the clear wrap to protect from chips and also did the roof black along with the Husky mudflaps. Have about 3k miles on her now and it's running awesome.

For anyone interested in paint protection I used Suntek clear on the whole front end, mirror caps, door handles and rear fenders, but they also have a Suntek Matte product that they used to protect all the matte magnetic painted plastic and front bumper. Turned out pretty nice actually and the painted plastic already had a few chips so I'm glad its finally done. I actually considered giving the whole truck the Matte wrap because matte Avalanche looked pretty sick on a test section... but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to look after on a truck that is constantly getting dirty so I chickened out.

EatiNP9.jpg
gaWmjG6.jpg

Dang that looks good. Love the black roof. [emoji106]

I might do the same thing to my mine, if it ever gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally my truck showed up yesterday and I was about to pick it up last night! All I have to say is what wait? 5 minutes of grinning behind the wheel I forgot all about the 4 months of antsy "is it ever going to come" "does it even exist" that plagued my mind every day. This truck is awesome! Signed all of the paper work got in it only shut the traction control off and stepped on it as I pulled out and it broke loose and was sideways all the way past the dealership hahaha! Truck has awesome power and rides awesome.. haven't got to play with much as it was around 7:30 and but did get some hot laps on it.. sport mode it definitely hold the gears longer and it snappy, even on normal mode it has good power. The truck really shines in how it rides up here in Maine the roads tend to suck in the winter time frost heaves combined with some already not so great roads. But near homestead there's a rough paved road, twisty and filled with small potholes and terrible frost heaves, and I just ended up going faster and faster on it (made a couple trips) around 65-75 and the truck just soaks it up like it's nothing. My buddy made the comment that if he tried that in his super duty his head would have been off the roof and he would have been in the backseat haha!

The exhaust.. big controversy on this one.. but I like it, inside the cab it sounds cool.. has a deep tone to it, and being able to here the turbos is also pretty sweet.. V8 has been the gold standard forever it seems like but honestly it's so much fun to drive that you will shortly forget and it won't matter.

I'll have to take a closer look today at things.. start nitpicking but 1st overall impression was this truck is awesome!!! Anyone who is still waiting.. I'm sorry but it is worth it.. the last week or so is the worst part of the wait, but hang in there.

Btw it's a magnetic screw 802a orange interior.. I wasn't crazy about it at first I was on the fence about the orange interior but I like it a lot .. it sets it apart.