2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick731

Reaction score
Pick up my truck today. It's an awesome piece of machinery. No complaints, other than I forgot to put the cover and bed divider in the back so I gotta go back and get them. Drives like a dream. Figured out all the doodads... and I have to say it's well done. A couple things I'd do differently but it's all good. 11.3 miles when I picked it up.

Great looking truck! We ordered AG but that white looks fantastic. The non beadlocks look great on it too. You mention some things you would change, what would those be?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck! We ordered AG but that white looks fantastic. The non beadlocks look great on it too. You mention some things you would change, what would those be?

I also ordered white and really like it with the black accents. It seems like AG is one of the most popular colors. When I see AG in pictures, it most often looks like a different shade of white. I was at the dealership yesterday and saw a Mustang in AG that 100% looked gray in the showroom with no hint of white. It is so funny how that color apparently changes in different lighting conditions.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks man,
Mostly software.
I live in colder climate. When I remote start the truck heated seats come on as well as the wheel and blower. When you get in with the fob you have to push the start button to enable you to put it in drive. When this is done the heated wheel shuts off as well as the heated seats and blower turns down. I wish it would just remember the last settings and keep them on until I shut them off.
So then you gotta go into the touch screen and push the heated wheel button. Then go down on the console and hit the heated seat button. Then turn up the blower. This shouldn't be like that. Everything should be modal on or off whatever is selected stays on or off until it's changed by the user, not defaulted by computer. The shift lever doest have a hard stop so I have put it in M several times so far because I'm used to slapping my old shifter down and it only went down to drive, not M. Found myself revving it a couple times not realizing I was in M mode.

As anything else, wish it would stay in the selected mode as well with each start. I find I'm always running in sport mode. I haven't ran the auto stop start yet and am still getting 16mpg. The button should be normally off and turn on stop start when doing a lot of city driving.

I had AG ordered initially but then went with white. I like the wheels also, will not be changing. Truck feels good and in sport mode it whips thru the gears. After letting off the throttle at 60or so, it does want to get into 9 and 10th gear. I use the paddle shifter to lock them out unless I'm going to do longer highway travel because in 8th at 70mph the engine is running around 2300-2400 rpm. I like keeping it around there so it doesn't need to down shift going up hill at all.
Overall, very happy with the truck it's a great driving truck for being so large. The space in the back is tremendous. Seats are very comfortable, memory works great. Love the dash features and valet mode. Security system etc... just a great vehicle.

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving this truck, finally got the clear wrap to protect from chips and also did the roof black along with the Husky mudflaps. Have about 3k miles on her now and it's running awesome.

For anyone interested in paint protection I used Suntek clear on the whole front end, mirror caps, door handles and rear fenders, but they also have a Suntek Matte product that they used to protect all the matte magnetic painted plastic and front bumper. Turned out pretty nice actually and the painted plastic already had a few chips so I'm glad its finally done. I actually considered giving the whole truck the Matte wrap because matte Avalanche looked pretty sick on a test section... but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to look after on a truck that is constantly getting dirty so I chickened out.

EatiNP9.jpg
gaWmjG6.jpg

Last edited:

nick731

Reaction score
Loving this truck, finally got the clear wrap to protect from chips and also did the roof black along with the Husky mudflaps. Have about 3k miles on her now and it's running awesome.

For anyone interested in paint protection I used Suntek clear on the whole front end, mirror caps, door handles and rear fenders, but they also have a Suntek Matte product that they used to protect all the matte magnetic painted plastic and front bumper. Turned out pretty nice actually and the painted plastic already had a few chips so I'm glad its finally done. I actually considered giving the whole truck the Matte wrap because matte Avalanche looked pretty sick on a test section... but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to look after on a truck that is constantly getting dirty so I chickened out.

http://i.imgur.com/EatiNP9.jpg[/IMG
[ATTACH=full]264526[/ATTACH][/quote]

Great look with the roof! Just to clarify, that's a wrap and not paint right? Great job!