2017 Avalanche with 13k miles and a lift in GA. Anyone know this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddies 21 year old son bought this truck site unseen from a Hendricks dealer in GA. Had it shipped to FL.

With in a week. Transmission broke. Metal shavings everywhere. 4x4 in op. Cv joints all bad.

Truck only has 13k miles but has been sold 6x in 6 years. He tried to tell his son to run away. But 21 year olds gonna 21. Needs $16k in repairs.

I tried to explain a lift of like that on a rapter is no bueno and puts stress in all the wrong places. But they didn't ask me before he bought it.

With 6x being sold. I am convinced he bought a pile of **** and is gettiing stuck with it. Selling dealer told him to pound sand.

54078310428_f20dc7e07b_z.jpg

Last edited:

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For starters, Leadfoot wasn’t offered until 2018, then again in 2020. That’s Avalanche.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After looking at that pic I had to wash out my eyes. Kid just got some experience. Sad that it cost him that much money, but it could have been worse.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely Avalanche. Needs someone to repair the driveline and put the suspension back the way it should be with proper tires. Then it’ll probably be ok as long as the work is quality. But a 21 yr old who bought that truck probably isn’t gonna decide to do something sensible.