2014 Roush Raptor Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbfj

Reaction score
Posted this in the ‘Prospective Owner’ forum, but realizing it is probably better suited in the Gen 1-specific forum:

Hey all — (hopefully) soon-to-be raptor owner here. I’ve been watching the market for a couple months and have a Roush raptor that has caught my eye.

2014, 100k miles, 3 owners, asking $36k. Had 2 minor cosmetic accidents where the airbags didn’t deploy / no structural damage. Couple tasteful mods but mostly stock + Roush package.

Interior and exterior are in great condition, cab corners / rockers are clean, but undercarriage is just fair. Some rust spots on the frame and some bolts in very bad shape. Attaching pictures. Would appreciate any thoughts on price, how concerned I should be on the rust, and thoughts on high-mileage Roush’s generally.

Thanks in advance.
IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6164.jpeg

IMG_6163.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What services have been done..at 100k,thinking will be needing shocks,brakes,plugs,trans service..and those are gonna set you back some big$.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are the rocket panels?
Check the engine bay area too for rust

Frame looks great all things considered, shock bolts seem to rust, my '20 doesnt have much rust but a lot of my bolts were.

Only thing decently concerning is the top of the shock bucket and the frame bolts, not sure why those are so rusted.

Seems high for a checkered past. Where are you located?
Roushs have lil better value but this is def on the higher side esp considering the accident history

OP
OP
J

jbfj

Reaction score
how are the rocket panels?
Check the engine bay area too for rust

Frame looks great all things considered, shock bolts seem to rust, my '20 doesnt have much rust but a lot of my bolts were.

Only thing decently concerning is the top of the shock bucket and the frame bolts, not sure why those are so rusted.

Roushs have lil better value but this is def on the higher side esp considering the accident history
Agree on the shock buckets and frame bolts. Any idea how easy it is to address rust there? Pics of engine bay and rockers attached. IMG_6149.jpegIMG_6192.jpegIMG_6193.jpegIMG_6194.jpegIMG_6195.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jbfj

Reaction score
Saw the red one. looking for black, but wouldn’t hate silver…