2012 Raptors on material hold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speck1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed an order on 9/15 for tuxedo black crew loaded. San Antonio dealer called today and said all 2012 raptors are on material hold and no orders would be pulled. They had no idea why or when they might start pulling orders. This sounds like BS to me as I have seen nothing like that on this board. Anyone heard similiar stories and why would they tell me this. I really want this truck as soon as possible. Thanks

velacio

Reaction score
As far as I understand orders would not even start to get pulled until Nov...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Week of November 7th is first build week of 2012 Ford Raptor. As far as I know there are NO MATERIAL HOLDS FOR 2012.

There is material hold for remaining 2011 orders..

I suspect uninformed or over zealous saleperson. Who was blinded by commision and tried to place an order without an allocation that got kicked back. So he made up some ******** excuse. Or ******** you into buying something off of the lot, instead of ordering a Raptor. Just my opinion!

OP
OP
S

speck1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does a dealer get an allocation? Is it possible that some dealers would have them and others dont. If the build date is early November when would you expect to see orders start to get pulled? Should I call other local dealers to see if they have an allocation to order a Raptor?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer allocations are based on the previous years sales of the Raptor at that dealership. Basically a bunch of marketing mumbo jumbo. If the sales are low in a market area/dealership then Ford reallocates them to a dealer with better sales.. Or something like that.. I suggest calling around or contacting:
Randy (HARLEY6LF250SDU)
cell 406 544-6891
[email protected]

TXRaptorSA

Reaction score
speck1,
What dealership did you order at ? I have placed an order for a 2012' loaded ox white w/nav and blue interior option and have not yet recieved a call about any material problems. I guess I will contact my salesman tomorrow and see if anything is being said and or if any issues have come up with my order.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The title of this thread is sheer blasphemy here on FRF. You are likey to start a riot with this kind of talk...

Last edited:

IARaptor

Reaction score
The raptor itself is not on material hold.

However as of now there will be no accepted orders for raptors that have any of the following options.
A: tuxedo black
B: Front cam
C: rear cam
D: box side graphics

I do not know when they will have the materials to build them.

Nick

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The title of this thread is sheer plasphemy here on FRF. You are likey to start a riot with this kind of talk...

+1... Was going to cut a motherf*****...

The raptor itself is not on material hold.

However as of now there will be no accepted orders for raptors that have any of the following options.
A: tuxedo black
B: Front cam
C: rear cam
D: box side graphics

I do not know when they will have the materials to build them.

Nick

A: What?
B: What?
C: What?
D: What??????

Where are you getting this information? Production for 2012 hasn't even begun yet. 2011 is still going strong even with A, B, C, and D.

IARaptor

Reaction score
+1... Was going to cut a motherf*****...

A: What?
B: What?
C: What?
D: What??????

Where are you getting this information? Production for 2012 hasn't even begun yet. 2011 is still going strong even with A, B, C, and D.

From the email that my ford rep sent out this morning...