2012 Center Console Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But which F-150 model did this bump out console come from? The rear seat heater switch came from a platinum model. My guess is that it's prototype of the 2013 console.

That's a good question. In the post above from Justafordguy, he says he has seen it on one of the Raptors on the dealer lot.

I posted a similar thread on some other F150 enthusiast sites. Still haven't gotten one response saying they have (or have seen) the bump/kick-out.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has now confirmed that that F-150 will be getting MyFord Touch for 2013. My guess is that the inputs will go inside the console as part of that change.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the MyTouch is as crappy as it is in my new Focus... I wouldn't want it.

So buggy... slow... laggy... and crashes from time to time. Getting in my truck is a huge relief, so much better system, even if it is out dated compared to the My Touch. I really hope Ford improves it dramatically before sticking it in the 2013's.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the MyTouch is as crappy as it is in my new Focus... I wouldn't want it.

So buggy... slow... laggy... and crashes from time to time. Getting in my truck is a huge relief, so much better system, even if it is out dated compared to the My Touch. I really hope Ford improves it dramatically before sticking it in the 2013's.

They won't..... Jam it in there and fix it later... Most cost efficient that way...

-Greg

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would ask the guys over at the Calguns.net forum

Thx
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4709840&postcount=46 said:
Originally Posted by nickvig View Post said:
If that's the case, would it be legal to place an unloaded handgun in this:
(link to consolevault.com)
Unknown.

People keep poking at this problem like the spot where a tooth has been extracted.

Until we get some case law on vaults installed in vehicles, anything that makes you ASK 'is this legal?' is probably questionable enough that you should not do it -- unless you want to be the test case that establishes the case law.

IMVHO, that vault ought to be OK.
Looks like its a "grey area". Also They said that if you bolt a box to the car it becomes a compartment and would be illegal to have a gun in! Some good info there! Best answer is to keep your guns in a portable case/box that is locked. (In California that is)

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well isn't that interesting? Mine was built March 15. I wonder if they had a mid production year change.

I don't know what is going on. I looked at a King Ranch Lariet built 4-12 and it had the extra kick out. Then, I looked at a Raptor built 5-12 and it didn't have the new version. Could it be a change over coming, just some assembly plants using up old models?
I already have the new console safes ready to sell, as soon as I get a response back on becoming a vendor on the forum.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what is going on. I looked at a King Ranch Lariet built 4-12 and it had the extra kick out. Then, I looked at a Raptor built 5-12 and it didn't have the new version. Could it be a change over coming, just some assembly plants using up old models?
I already have the new console safes ready to sell, as soon as I get a response back on becoming a vendor on the forum.

I'm curious what the 2013 consoles will look like.

I now understand what you went through with the Silverado changes. CV provided plenty of lip service but when all was said and done, well, you know. :flipthebird:

I'm pleased to see you have a solution and are getting in front of the change rather than lagging.

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm curious what the 2013 consoles will look like.

I now understand what you went through with the Silverado changes. CV provided plenty of lip service but when all was said and done, well, you know. :flipthebird:

I'm pleased to see you have a solution and are getting in front of the change rather than lagging.

I just found out the other day that the Super Duty's have had a console change more drastic than the F150's. I picked up a mock-up from the fab shop yesterday, and as soon as I can find a appropriate vehicle to test it on, I will produce these also. Estimated 3 to 4 weeks out.

Now that I am a supporting vendor, I will post this. I have an ecommerce website and am offering a 10% discount to the forum members. To receive this discount simply enter the coupon code frf at check out.
h
Here is a link to the Raptor Console safes