2010 SVT Raptor 5.4 Fully Loaded - 41k obo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bradyh20

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do Dan. I may consult with you before a purchase, since this will be my first forray into the Porsche world. As soon as I get the Raptor and Ducati sold, I'll begin negotiating with the dealership. Hey, at least I know how long the car has been in the window (months).

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get yourself on the Rennlist 997 GT2 and GT3 forum (here: http://forums.rennlist.com/ ) and start talking to those guys. They know it all about these cars. Seriously.

I'll be happy to help you with my car buying strategies and my Pcar knowledge but it's not as current as I would like :)\

Edit: First post I found on there was this one (PERFECT for you!!!) - I did not read to the end so it may have been sold. I'd recommend going used first especially on a car like this:

997.2 GT3RS for sale: for sure now
$120k
probably the cheapest RS in existence.
PM me direct.

2010 RS
white/red
no decal
100% stock
<100 track miles
entire front up to A pillar covered in film
never hit, paint, damaged.
<3000 miles
zero option, with radio delete.
car in SF bay area

i can have dealer CPO it at your cost if interested.
pls do not comment on this thread or guess what i buy next, thank you.
PM me directly if seriously interested.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure (1) the RSR isn't street legal and (2) it's over his budget.
1 street legal is relative term how many "street legal" 1000hp mustangs, F-body, Vettes etc do you see on the road.
2 budgets are guidelines and should never hold you back from what you want. He said he wants a brute force NA 911 for track use.

BTW before I quit my last job I was having a hard time trying to decide if wanted a 996 turbo, 997.1 turbo, or GTR.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, an RSR is not a modified production vehicle. It's a purpose-built race car from the factory. That's a lot different than 1000HP Mustangs, etc.

So, what'd you buy, the 996 turbo, the 997TT or the GTR? (Of the three I hope you didn't pick the GTR).

OP
OP
bradyh20

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't thin RSRs come with VIN numbers. Besides, I think I'll get myself into plenty of trouble with the GT3... I mean, this will be my first high performance sports car. I had a modded 350Z in the past, but that's it.

Thanks for the info Dan, that ad is great!! I'm definitely going to go that route if things fall into place here.

Maybe I'll see if a family member wants to buy the Raptor and leave it at my place so I can have both!! lol...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you haven't already, be sure to take a track class or two or three. Everyone benefits from them. And the thing about high performance sports cars is they go faster, brake harder and will get you into trouble quicker. Tracking your car is a great experience and you quickly learn it's not nearly as easy as it looks on TV :mrgreen: It's also an expensive hobby.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, an RSR is not a modified production vehicle. It's a purpose-built race car from the factory. That's a lot different than 1000HP Mustangs, etc.

So, what'd you buy, the 996 turbo, the 997TT or the GTR? (Of the three I hope you didn't pick the GTR).
I know the RSR is a purpose built race car. I have a slightly smaller version of this one to look at everyday.
g-Lizard-Motorsports-Porsche_911_GT3_RSR-52-4A1526.jpg
996's are ugly and GTRs come with to much baggage from Nissan. I was leaning heavily towards the 997TT
I don't thin RSRs come with VIN numbers. Besides, I think I'll get myself into plenty of trouble with the GT3... I mean, this will be my first high performance sports car. I had a modded 350Z in the past, but that's it. Thanks for the info Dan, that ad is great!! I'm definitely going to go that route if things fall into place here. Maybe I'll see if a family member wants to buy the Raptor and leave it at my place so I can have both!! lol...
Word of advice you need to see how you fit in a 911. I feel a little cramped in one and I'm 6ft and 250lbs

OP
OP
bradyh20

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tank, I think that's great advice. Actually, that's one of the only things I'm worried about. I'm 6'2", 290, so I'm not exactly a small boy, but I was very comfortable in my 350Z. I was comfortable when I sat in a 997TT. Still have yet to sit in the GT3RS, though. I wonder if the cage tightens things up at all?

Good advice man, thanks.