GEN 1 2010 Raptor rear shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pennyduke

Reaction score
Hey everyone, New Guy here. I just purchased a 2010 with really bad rear shocks. It's almost unsafe to drive. Is there a F150 Shock or something that will work while I wait for the Fox Shocks to come in? I'll be doing the rear Leaf Springs too. Thanks for any advice you can give

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, New Guy here. I just purchased a 2010 with really bad rear shocks. It's almost unsafe to drive. Is there a F150 Shock or something that will work while I wait for the Fox Shocks to come in? I'll be doing the rear Leaf Springs too. Thanks for any advice you can give

150 shocks are too short. Probably the easiest solution is to find a set of used ones. Also Gen 2 rears “work” and usually go for pretty cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to ebay, get 2nd gen take offs.

The live valve versions if you off road will be as stiff as C3PO in whoops but a tolerable street "sports mode" like feel if you have ever had a lincoln suv with the active suspension...

They will the cheapest way to go and then just wipe them off and sell them on ebay later.

I'm running a set until I've got the parts to do my final rear.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, Post a pic of your raptor and introduce yourself in the "new member area". Good luck with the shocks.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the Fox shocks can be rebuilt. A lot of times it costs about the same to rebuild as replace, but it is sometimes easier to find someone to rebuild them in a day than wait for new ones.

B Scott

Reaction score
I did the exchange program through Shocks by Hammer. They send a fresh pair out and you replace them and ship yours back. I did all four but the rears were super easy to swap out.