What do you not want to see on a carfax when buying a gen 3 raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEANRAPTOR

Reaction score
Here are some statements i have seen on carfaxes that I am curious about... are these just generic statements or do they all pertain to certain issues that are always fixed on gen 3's?

Computer checked
PCM reprogrammed
drivability/performance checked
Battery/charging system checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Engine serviced

Am I just being a worrywart and these are just basic things that were done?

Thanks all!

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say due to the sheer amount of electronics these trucks run, those all seem standard to me. But I’m sure some more experienced folks will chime in lol.

I have a few those on a recent service just for the dealer trying to update the radio

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of those happen during any oil change service.

PCM reprogrammed could be due to a TSB/update. I have stuff on my 2018 reprogrammed during almost every site visit as Ford updated the software I asked for the newest versions.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I disagree. There have been a number of battery / charging issues logged on the Jen Tres, probably an order of magnitude over the Jen Too and that’s towering over the battery / charging issues for the Jen Juan ( Hello? Ford... )

drivability / performance checked would concern me on a Jen Too for sure, because the 10R80 programming wasn’t the best. I don’t think the Jen Tres has lodged as many drivability issues from ’21 - ’24 as the ’17-’20 models, unless we’re talking suspension clunk(shocks).

I would be concerned about engine/powertrain module checked, which would indicate to me some history of DTC’s, a concern that warranted checking for them.

PCM reprogrammed would likely be for 1) a customer concern & 2) a more current programming available. I consider this benign, happened twice on my truck before I even took delivery !

OP
OP
SEANRAPTOR

SEANRAPTOR

Reaction score
I disagree. There have been a number of battery / charging issues logged on the Jen Tres, probably an order of magnitude over the Jen Too and that’s towering over the battery / charging issues for the Jen Juan ( Hello? Ford... )

drivability / performance checked would concern me on a Jen Too for sure, because the 10R80 programming wasn’t the best. I don’t think the Jen Tres has lodged as many drivability issues from ’21 - ’24 as the ’17-’20 models, unless we’re talking suspension clunk(shocks).

I would be concerned about engine/powertrain module checked, which would indicate to me some history of DTC’s, a concern that warranted checking for them.

PCM reprogrammed would likely be for 1) a customer concern & 2) a more current programming available. I consider this benign, happened twice on my truck before I even took delivery !

Thank you SO much for your response it is so helpful!! And will guide me to picking the best one! Thanks!!

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can confirm this. Had my Feb 2023 built, June 2023 delivery battery reported bad and replaced by the dealer a couple of days ago.

SA said "If you see a 2023, it's either had it's battery replaced or will need it soon"