What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Man, I never put a front plate on my 2000 Lightning, paid that fine twice, $75 a pop.
Yeah, I got pulled over in my dually. Cop walks up and asks if my truck was recently vandalized. "Not that I know of" is what I said. He then gives me a ticket for no front license plate and missing mud flaps.

It's the small town TX cops you gotta worry about. The big city cops are finding ways not to pull people over.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted to go for the Reviver digital plates on this truck. Really happy with it. Paid my DMV registration through the app recently and it was easy, fast, and my tags updated within minutes. Cost is about the same or less than going with any of the optional plates available from the CA DMV.

Gives you the option to change between black/white backgrounds and personalize the bottom line of text. It will also show a stolen alert if the truck is ever stolen (although I’m sure thief’s probably pull the plates anyway).

Highly recommend taking a look at it if available in your state.

Last edited:

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't been able to put too many miles on them but right off the bat you will notice they are heavier, especially coming off of the oem ko2s, however it's not as drastic as I would have thought. Definitely feel more road imperfections (slightly) but Discount set them to 38 psi so I'll probably bring them down 3-5 psi to see if I can feel a difference. Obviously most tires will feel pretty good when they're new so we'll see how they hold up in the long run. I'll be heading up to the mountains this weekend where we're expected to get a bunch of snow so I'm definitely curious to see how they perform. I typically spring for a 3peak snowflake rated tire since I'm in Colorado but at $404 a tire, I thought I'd give these a shot.
Do you have a follow up to this? Are these the Toyo R/T Trails? I'm in the middle of deciding between these and another set of KO2's and your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

rgz

Reaction score
Do you have a follow up to this? Are these the Toyo R/T Trails? I'm in the middle of deciding between these and another set of KO2's and your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
They've definitely been a great tire for me. I've dropped psi down to 33 all around and they ride great, honestly can't even tell they're an E-load. They've also been great in snow, almost surprisingly good. I've driven through multiple storms feeling planted to the road while other cars would be spinning out in front of me. I was afraid they would be similar to the ridge grapplers that I absolutely hated when driving in winter conditions, however they have proven to be much better even though they don't look like they would be with the little sipping they have. They might not be a 3peak rated tire but they inspire the same amount of confidence in winter conditions as my previous set of Baja Boss AT's did and those were 3peak.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They've definitely been a great tire for me. I've dropped psi down to 33 all around and they ride great, honestly can't even tell they're an E-load. They've also been great in snow, almost surprisingly good. I've driven through multiple storms feeling planted to the road while other cars would be spinning out in front of me. I was afraid they would be similar to the ridge grapplers that I absolutely hated when driving in winter conditions, however they have proven to be much better even though they don't look like they would be with the little sipping they have. They might not be a 3peak rated tire but they inspire the same amount of confidence in winter conditions as my previous set of Baja Boss AT's did and those were 3peak.
Thanks for writing back. Appreciate it. I believe both the K02 and the R/T trails weigh the same when E-load. 66lbs or so. You do 33 psi for everyday driving?

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to The Firm here in Fl for a TORR event.

Very few times do I ever actually see the benefits of the ceramic coating. But this go around was pretty cool.

What I think is the ceramic coat doing its thing. Mine, the AMB and my buddies carbonized grey R. Notice how much dust is sticking to his. Same amount of laps on the track. Same wheels specs and offset he’s just on 37’s obviously.

Attachments

• IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7254.jpeg
    IMG_7254.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 69

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are people charging to do the wheel wells?
I just paid $300… I’m on the northern KY side of Cincinnati. There is another Line-X on the north side that quoted $285 but is pretty inconvenient for me. These NKY guys also did my 2019 and did a great job on both… lots of masking, etc. I’ve heard anywhere from $250 to $350 depending on geography. Some don’t want to do it or struggle due to the size/style of their gun… and can’t get up into well to do it right. I called one in Dayton just for pricing and they wouldn’t do it… and push their waxy undercoat which is way cheaper too. I checked out an f150 with the undercoat and it looked crappy by comparison to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL