Valve Cover Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(sigh) I changed out the spark plugs in my 60K-mile '17 this afternoon and found a nice puddle of oil around the frontmost bolt on the cam cover. Less than $200 for a new left-side cover and gasket (assuming the online vendor really does have them in stock), but it's probably a full afternoon's worth of work to remove the intake and drop the skid plate to remove the CAC tube.
As per my dealer this afternoon, there's more than 9k on order nationwide. I promise you the online vendor doesn't have one.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread. So I decided to change my oil and sparks myself for the first time and as soon as I took off the engine cover, I was greeted with the infamous puddles of oil on the driver side valve cover. 2019 55k miles. Been reading about the major shortage in the parts. Hopefully the stealership can get this done soon and the parts are in stock.