Turbo boost problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Any mods done to the truck? What happened when you first noticed it? Any loud pop? I would look for a loose boost tube. If nothing obvious, take it to the dealer.

Also as mentioned, what octane gas are you using? PCM will pull timing if you run anything less than 91.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Clearly I’m new to this forum thought it was a group of like minded people to help each other out not be sarcastic. Why would I spam a raptor page about a Prius?
sarcasm first. Like mindedness second.

is the truck stock?
When was the last time you checked the oil level?
any diagnostic trouble codes?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, sorry I can't help either because I'm the proud owner of a 2010 6.2 Gen 1 for the last 14 years. The only boost around my Raptor is when I help the wife in with a boost! Thanks for the follow up picture and intro saved me from posting the yellow card picture seeing how late I was getting here today.

OP
OP
papalumacha

papalumacha

Reaction score
No mods are done I run 91 octane and I never heard any pops or anything but I just know when it left the dealer I was boosting at damn near 20 psi and I can’t get close now. Been super hot here lately but I don’t think that would cause 8 psi drop from heat but I am new to the turbo world also so not sure. Thanks everyone else actually giving me some advice or things to think about lol

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
No mods are done I run 91 octane and I never heard any pops or anything but I just know when it left the dealer I was boosting at damn near 20 psi and I can’t get close now. Been super hot here lately but I don’t think that would cause 8 psi drop from heat but I am new to the turbo world also so not sure. Thanks everyone else actually giving me some advice or things to think about lol
You mention boost and the gauge registering lower boost then when you drove it off the lot but you don't mention loss of power/acceleration...is this the case as well? I or I'm sure others way more knowledgable don't want to assume both unless it that is the case.

OP
OP
papalumacha

papalumacha

Reaction score
That is the thing it still feels like it pulls pretty good but the main thing I noticed the boost being low on the gauge but havnt got on it enough at the beginning to be able to say 100% it’s slower