The Gen 1 itch has returned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To me all 3 gens look 80% like the generation of F150 they start from. Sure they are all amped up, but 95% of people out there think these trucks are “bro modified” regular F150s. It’s mind boggling how much s h i t throwing goes on over headlight shapes essentially. In case everyone’s forgotten what we’ve all got…lol:hidesbehindsofa:
It's the fenders. Gen 2 and 3 are essentially flat sided. You can't do the pointy aggro styling thing and have curves in your fenders- that would clash. They get the extra width by being wider right at the top, then there is a squared body line where the fender drops nearly straight down like any other F150, or any other truck in general. The Gen 1 fenders have a long smooth arc from the top of the fender to the start of the flare.

SlickTrick

Reaction score
It's the fenders. Gen 2 and 3 are essentially flat sided. You can't do the pointy aggro styling thing and have curves in your fenders- that would clash. They get the extra width by being wider right at the top, then there is a squared body line where the fender drops nearly straight down like any other F150, or any other truck in general. The Gen 1 fenders have a long smooth arc from the top of the fender to the start of the flare.
You gen 1 guys are tough..

It is totally, to me gen one is so rounded I really like the gen 2 with a different bumper setup it’s such a wide more squared style… I’m not into those rounded PT cruiser styled lines.

I wonder if gen 2 stuck with the 6.2 would we even be having this conversation?