The Gen 1 itch has returned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only reason to keep a bone stock low mileage Gen 1 in a garage is to not use it as it was designed to be used. Then, go stare at it and think about the "good old days".

That's what you do with those designer jeans and Members Only jackets from the '80s (that no longer fit), now collecting dust in the box in the basement.

It's too old to be considered "modern" and too young to be a "classic". But there's a lot of options for upgrading the whopping 11.2" front suspension travel, the leaf pack designed to do "everything" (which actually doesn't excel at anything), the generic F150 brakes, and the open front diff.

Last edited:

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
That's what you do with those designer jeans and Members Only jackets from the '80s (that no longer fit), now collecting dust in the box in the basement.
Hey, now! I've got 5 or 6 MINT CONDITION Members Only jackets hanging in my closet! Including a leather one!

When the emp' s come and the apocalypse is at full blast, when disco comes back, I'm going to be STYLIN' BABY! :crazy:

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck with the intent to keep it for a very long time in great shape that I could enjoy. I have accomplished that and now I get to see other FRF members knock me for doing what I wanted with my Raptor.
I also purchased mine with full intention to keep it until I can’t physically drive it anymore, say maybe when I reach 100y/o?:p I keep it in the garage when I am at home and it’s bone stock. However, I drive it a lot, and over time that just adds up to say about 285,000 miles to date. I know some people who barely drive a 1000 miles a year and that’s fine, maybe that’s you, maybe not. Maybe when I retire I will put less miles on it. Hopefully I will get many more miles out it. But I will be watching you until your ready to sell that sweet low mileage 2010! :lol2:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, now! I've got 5 or 6 MINT CONDITION Members Only jackets hanging in my closet! Including a leather one!

When the emp' s come and the apocalypse is at full blast, when disco comes back, I'm going to be STYLIN' BABY! :crazy:
STYLING, (by the glow of the nuclear blast), BABY!

Thats better.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also purchased mine with full intention to keep it until I can’t physically drive it anymore, say maybe when I reach 100y/o?:p I keep it in the garage when I am at home and it’s bone stock.
Although mine is shamefully still apart, (see today's photo), when it's finished it will be more or less "stock", with a Gen 2 suspension so it can perform as well as the local built prerunner trucks. I'm literally IN the desert, (that's Lucerne Valley in the background), just minutes from famous off road racing areas in Barstow, Lucerne Valley, and even the short course track at Glen Helen. It would be like a guy waiting until he retired to build a safe, easy to maintain porsche or corvette track car while living next to Willow Springs race track.

Attachments

• 20240426_115420.jpg
    20240426_115420.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240426_115712.jpg
    20240426_115712.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 29

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just minutes from famous off road racing areas in Barstow, Lucerne Valley, and even the short course track at Glen Helen.
Learned to drive out in Ridgecrest (back in the day), had dreams of becoming the next Iron Man Stewart, :p , but life happens. I would definitely be putting more miles on my Raptor if I lived out there. Back in 2017 I was out in AZ for a work thing and was just loving the Raptor out there!