Stock exhaust vs rear resonators and resonated tips removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of R tips. Looking to keep my factory stuff intact and play with an extra set. Mine might sound a little different than everyone else’s considering I have the equal length mid pipe which removed the mid section resonators

Hard R

Reaction score
@Hard R how bad is the rasp with the borla tips? I assume highway must be bad. Also if you do atak with stock tips do you think it pops more or same?
It's not bad if you drive normal. Pops way more with non stock tips with no tune on Baja exhaust. Airaid filter improved how it sounds and performs as well.

You still have sport and normal modes as too. I'm glad I got the atak since the other modes tone it down a lot with quiet mode being silent. Baja is pretty much full retard and will get you cited if you gun it next to a cop, 100% pulled over. If you are remotely handy, you can swap back to stock tips with resonators pretty easily and take all the rasp out. Start with atak with stock tips, you can just swap tips in the future.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not bad if you drive normal. Pops way more with non stock tips with no tune on Baja exhaust. Airaid filter improved how it sounds and performs as well.

You still have sport and normal modes as too. I'm glad I got the atak since the other modes tone it down a lot with quiet mode being silent. Baja is pretty much full retard and will get you cited if you gun it next to a cop, 100% pulled over. If you are remotely handy, you can swap back to stock tips with resonators pretty easily and take all the rasp out. Start with atak with stock tips, you can just swap tips in the future.
Is it quieter than the OEM? I'm trying to quiet my exhaust especially at cruising speeds where it drones alot. 1600-2200. Thought about putting new corsa resonators before the muffler but curious to how yours is.