Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The broken valve spring makes sense. The pitted cam shaft? I am going to have to see that. And have a tec explain to me what he thinks is going on.

dhanni848

Reaction score
What?????? Pitted ???? Pitted where? The lobe? Pitted from what? 1+1=3
I was told the lobes yes. I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but never actually tore into an engine. Do all other things myself. I have a OBDII scanner not matter what I did it always came back to the same issue.

Didn't know anything about a meet up, stay extremely busy with my sons baseball and we have a tournament that weekend.

dhanni848

Reaction score
Got the truck back last Friday, and we are back to normal. Not a cheap fix, but we are fixed. Only 1 camshaft needed replaced, all rockers, timing chains, and seals. Now on to new wheels and tires tomorrow.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the truck back last Friday, and we are back to normal. Not a cheap fix, but we are fixed. Only 1 camshaft needed replaced, all rockers, timing chains, and seals. Now on to new wheels and tires tomorrow.
I am intrested in this pitted cam shaft. did you get any pic of it?

dhanni848

Reaction score
I am intrested in this pitted cam shaft. did you get any pic of it?
Unfortunately I did not, was just excited to get the truck back. They are a very reputable shop near me, and they could have charged me for both camshafts but didn't. I wish I would have asked for it though.