SCT X4 7015 vs 7015E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at a used X4, I know from the SCT site I need PN 7015, the used one is 7015E...which I think means it comes preloaded with an Edlebrock tune vs the SCT canned/preloaded tunes. Anyone know if the 7015E would work just like the 7p15, copy my tuners custom tune to it and it would work? Realize that the peloaded tunes wouldnt work which is fine, would just delete them anyways or not use them. Anyone know? Semt an email to SCT but havent heard back yet.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a long story, I bought a tune for a 2020 Explorer ST, hated it and traded it for the 2019 Raptor. There wasn't many options for tuning the Exp ST and the one I chose convinced me to use HP Tuners, he then offered to tune the Raptor for a smaller fee which I thought was good. After a bunch of revsions back and forth I am underwhelmed with the gains, guess in my head the gains would be felt more...roughly 100hp/tq seems like it would be noticeable. So I am thinking of trying a differemt tuner/tune but the two I am considering both use the Ngauge or the X4...trging to minimize my loss and get a device as cheap as possible.

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ngauge uses tunes built in HPTuners. So if your original Tuner convinced you to use HPTuners, you should already have something capable of loading tunes from a different builder.

How or what did you use to get the Tunes on the Raptor that you didn't like?

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ngauge uses tunes built in HPTuners. So if your original Tuner convinced you to use HPTuners, you should already have something capable of loading tunes from a different builder.

How or what did you use to get the Tunes on the Raptor that you didn't like?

The tuner sold me the HP MPVI2 dongle that connects to thr OBD port, then usb to laptop, HP Tuners software to load tune tune amd data log. Ngauge units are like $450+ and then the cost of tune on top of that and used units are hard to come by. The X4 units are more common used and cheaper. The two other tuner companies I am considering (JDM and ORA) use the X4 or could use the Ngauge. I can get the X4 referenced in the OP pretty cheap which is why I was leaning that way, just dont know if the 7015E is locked to just Edlebrock tunes (what the E stands for I guess) or if its just like any other 7015 X4 and will take any custom tune copied to it.

Last edited: