Reminder - Check your front brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kronos2300

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope you’re all enjoying your Raptors all around the country (and even around the world). I wanted to post this reminder for those with a Gen 3 to check your front brake lines for any potential wear, because you might have one (or both of them) potentially rubbing with your tires when turning. In my case, it is happening on the right front tire, and I’m very lucky to have noticed it now before it was too late (see attached).

I only noticed while my truck was parked this morning; I realized that the inner wall of the tire was very "shiny", which shouldn’t be the case so I assumed something was rubbing. To my surprise, the actual brake line.

I’m planning on taking it to the dealer first thing Monday morning, but for now I found a quick fix with one zip tie that doesn’t interfere with the suspension or other cables as much, and allows the tire to turn both ways while holding the brake line from touching the tire (see video attached; the video is me making sure nothing is being constrained or restricted. I cut the extra amount of zip tie afterwards). This will at least prevent any more damage, but I’m hoping the dealer can change this brake line because the fact you can already see the wires doesn’t inspire safety. I have seen some mention of this around the forum, but no solution so I wanted to share mine.

Thanks for reading, and hope your Raptor is not affected!

Attachments

• 3.mov
    7.1 MB
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 145

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer replaced my line early during ownership, and if I remember there was a TSB put out to re route the line properly.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
My dealer replaced my line early during ownership, and if I remember there was a TSB put out to re route the line properly.
Thank you for that information! Do you by any chance remember what the TSB number was? Tried searching for it but couldn’t find anything on my end.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
Stock wheels/tires? Seems like this would be a recall item?
Correct stock wheels, tires, and suspension. Surprised it is not since I’ve seen others mention having the same issue, but it seems to be random. Not sure if the issue is being caused by a faulty line that bends a different way (since the left side doesn’t have this issue), but I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow so they can take a look. Let’s see what they say.

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically from the factory the one side was twisted making it touch the tire during turns. When i found it i also realized my local dealer had been rotating my tires the lazy way, they were just taking backs to front and fronts to back same side. Because only my right side tires had the wear mark on them. Needless to say, i go somewhere else now

Attachments

• 20230522_193713.jpg
    20230522_193713.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230522_174209.jpg
    20230522_174209.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230522_174315.jpg
    20230522_174315.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 32