Rear diff fluid change? Fluid specs & capacity...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monte87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking to change rear diff fluid for my 22 F150 raptor w 27k miles. What is the fluid specs and capacity with the stock cover and the Ford performance cover?? Any recommendations etc. Would be greatly appreciated. Also gasket?
Also what size is the rear? 8.8 or 9.75?

Thanks Anthony

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you get the Ford performance or Spicer cover? Did it add more fluid capacity?
Thanks Anthony
I got the Spicer cover. Check this:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the Gen 3 have a 9.75 Inch Ring Gear? Its interesting that the actual Ford repair manual says to use a fluid suction gun to remove old fluid. They don't even say to remove the cover completely. I guess you could use a Top Sider type device and then you wouldn't have to pull the cover.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the Gen 3 have a 9.75 Inch Ring Gear? Its interesting that the actual Ford repair manual says to use a fluid suction gun to remove old fluid. They don't even say to remove the cover completely. I guess you could use a Top Sider type device and then you wouldn't have to pull the cover.
I see that I could have answered my own question on this. For me, when it comes to keeping my 150k warranty, I will be buying the fluid from the dealer. If you go to Ford Parts online you can get the non-rip-off prices and pick them up at your dealer. Just did this with the coolant for $18.