Ram RHO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rho is kind of stupid name, but they kinda pinned themselves into a corner

No way to at least stuff a 6.4 in there?
Power isnt bad but i assume most people flocked to the trx for the v8 only

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rho is kind of stupid name, but they kinda pinned themselves into a corner

No way to at least stuff a 6.4 in there?
Power isnt bad but i assume most people flocked to the trx for the v8 only
Rebel High Output. Agreed, dumb. Why would you associate it with a lower trim that has completely different suspension and bodywork.

We’ve joked about TRX being a Rebel Wide Body, I guess we were right all along.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
did the same with the charger, challenger, and Durango. One design for all trim levels. Hard to tell a hellcat from a SXT most times.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typical branding sticker job bs by Ramjeepchrysler charge a crazy amount for fancy packaging.

I think that the transmission is not as stout(as the one on the TRX )which means attempts to tune will cause the transmission to be a weak link. I think its the standard ZF 8 speed found in the reg rams.

We’ll just have to wait until TFl does a super sick review and recites the brochure numbers from memory to find out.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had they offered this closer to $60K base MSRP they'd make a killing if they produce enough. Outside of the fact it's basically a weaker version of the TRX, I think it'll do well. Sadly after many, many Fords and a Ford family... we most likely won't be buying any more for the foreseeable future when we trade my wife's Edge ST in. Will keep our 2021 Raptor for the long run.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resident Power Wagon owner's opinion:

I'd rather have this (assuming it proves reliable) over a TRX but would rather keep my PW over either. TRX is a one trick pony of being fast, at least as long as you're going straight. Horrid fuel economy combined with the smallest fuel tank they offer equals lousy range if you actually want to go offroad. Off road fast, I'd rather have the Raptor. On road fast, I'd rather have literally any sports sedan or coupe as I'd like to be able to turn and stop in addition to accelerate. The TRX never interested me in the slightest.

The RHO is down on power vs a TRX but...so what? It's still a ridiculous amount of power in a 1/2 ton and will be more usable as the range is going to be much better. Hopefully it can be spec'd with the larger tank (36g, IIRC) the other 1/2 tons can. Ram's interiors are excellent. I prefer the 8 speed in the current Rams to the 10 speed in the current Fords, though opinions can differ. The sticker package is terrible, but that's an easy fix even if you can't order it sticker deleted.

The 14" screen is fine, but the portrait orientation remains inferior to landscape. I still don't understand the second screen for the passenger. Maybe so your passenger can enter navigation while you drive? Seems dumb. I'd rather have the extra glove box that normally goes there.

Driver monitoring and automatic braking aren't for me. I don't care for stop/start either, which I figure this will have.

All in all, it's an interesting offering that I would consider before a TRX but after many other options.