Possible stupid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody know how long it takes for the miles to empty to reset after replacing the battery? It's been two months and still giving me a reading of over 500 miles to empty when I fill up. Just wondering thanks.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't most 'modern' vehicles maintain their data when the battery is removed?

Did you have to reset your saved radio stations?

I disconnected the battery while on an extended trip and everything came back just as before

OP
OP
P4SHOCAT

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything reset back to normal except the miles to empty. The manual says miles to empty will reset to 16 MPG. Then will relearn to the avg. MPG you are really getting. The reset button on the steering wheel just resets the MPG. I can not figure out how to reset the miles to empty. It's not a big deal the gas gauge works fine. Thanks.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything reset back to normal except the miles to empty. The manual says miles to empty will reset to 16 MPG. Then will relearn to the avg. MPG you are really getting. The reset button on the steering wheel just resets the MPG. I can not figure out how to reset the miles to empty. It's not a big deal the gas gauge works fine. Thanks.
That miles to E will not reset, but will adjust if you leave it running at least five minutes or so. I also believe back in the day someone mentioned you can calibrate it with Forscan, maybe I should try and see if I can find that thread?

OP
OP
P4SHOCAT

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already have used up a tank of gas and it still has not reset. There is no way I'm getting 15 or 16 MPG towing my boat to the lake. I will run the gas down to around a quarter tank and fill up to see if that does anything. The manual says it is supposed to reset, but doesn't say how long it takes.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that’s strange, don’t know what to tell you. I did look for that calibration thing I saw but it turns out it was for 2015 to 2020 F150’s.

OP
OP
P4SHOCAT

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be filling her up tomorrow. Took the boat to the lake today and the miles to empty looked a little more realistic. Will find out tomorrow morning when I fill it up. If it goes to high 300's maybe 400 to empty then alls good. Will update tomorrow.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be filling her up tomorrow. Took the boat to the lake today and the miles to empty looked a little more realistic. Will find out tomorrow morning when I fill it up. If it goes to high 300's maybe 400 to empty then alls good. Will update tomorrow.
Was realizing that I use the Fuelly app (a recommendation from a FRF member) and noticed my mpg screen is usually 0.2 to 0.5 gallons off from my actual according to the app. Not sure how your hand calculations are panning out.

Attachments

• IMG_5280.png
    IMG_5280.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 3