Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question on fitment of fender flares to fenders. When washing noticed water running off a bit oddly. Closer examination showed a gap of about 1/8" between the fender flare and fender mostly at top of flare. Have this on all but passenger front. Before I take anything apart I was wondering if same on other 2024. BTW, not an issue on my 2020. Here is a pic. The dark black is the gap.

20240427_180855.jpg

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question on fitment of fender flares to fenders. When washing noticed water running off a bit oddly. Closer examination showed a gap of about 1/8" between the fender flare and fender mostly at top of flare. Have this on all but passenger front. Before I take anything apart I was wondering if same on other 2024. BTW, not an issue on my 2020. Here is a pic. The dark black is the gap.

View attachment 452588
My 23 poor person raptor has the same. Noticed it when I was putting on the husky wheel well liners

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My r has zero gaps, I could find no issues at all on close inspection. Only no secure card and code to program the outside door pad
Well now I have to take things apart and see if I can close the gap since I know it is supposed to be tight....which makes sense.

And you should have found 2 blank key code cards. The dealer is supposed to get the code for you and write it on the card. If can't find, then any dealer can plug in and look it up for you...I am told.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bed cleats....a set came with my 2017 and 2020, but not the 2024....unless dealer forgot to toss them in the truck. Did any of you get the cleats?

I looked at Ford.com and says you get the plates, but does not mention the cleats.