My recent towing review/experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently made the 450 mile trip to MIR this past weekend. 900 miles round trip.
My setup was:

2014 Supercrew Raptor
2014 GT500 weight 3800 lbs
2013 Featherlite Model 3110 20' open trailer 1900 lbs

Average 12 MPG with a speed of 65-70 mph
Ride was great, truck has more than enough power, and handling was better than my F250 V10 super crew King Ranch.

Trucks rear dropped 3" in the rear which leveled the truck.
We used a set of Timbrens and removed the stock bumpstops.

I don't think there is a need for a weight distribution hitch. Perhaps if I go to the enclosed trailer.

My featherlite air dam/stone guard is due in sometime this month, so that will alleviate the need for shrink wrap on the next trip!

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpg
    securedownload-2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I am always interested in how well the Raptor tows stuff.

Specracer

Reaction score
I too just towed 1st time this weekend. Have a 24' enclosed. Went and picked up a car for a friend. Already had bars, and sway control, so used them. I was pleasantly surprised as I have never towed w a gas truck. I will be getting mirror extensions though.... Good test before Carlisle

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the picture, it looks like you could've moved the Mustang about 2-3 feet back to get the center of gravity closer to the trailer axles. You have a lot of weight sitting near the front of the trailer, and therefore, the tongue. Might want to give this a try next time.

OP
OP
GOTSVT?

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are going to mess with tongue weight next time!
Was kind of a try this method.
Truck did awesome regardless! Great for towing!