Line X Premium & Fender Flares Dilemma... HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I have bumpers, flares, and grille done. Transforms the whole truck. I'm on a tablet so I don't have pics but I posted some in the thread below, about halfway down the page.

Pictures

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Is Line-X a hot sprayed coating? Does it warp the flares? I don't have a Line-X place near me but one called Inyati. They spray their stuff at 200 degrees and were worried that it would warp the flares. They do have a UV coating that protects against the sun.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its the premium linex. It has uv protection.

Dave

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Not sure about the heat issue. Lots of people have done it though.

Dave

Rogue Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my Raptor grill Make Sure Line-x shop sprays with a Flat Fine Tip & Uses Reducer in the Top Coat So the Grill dosent look like shiny Glitter when it's complete! I think it turned out awesome , no more rock chips & was only sprayed about 20mls thick so the camera and lights fit back in easy

Attachments

• image-1992128841.jpg
    image-1992128841.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3733000567.jpg
    image-3733000567.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3799118306.jpg
    image-3799118306.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 141

Rogue Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just to confirm, even though it is hot sprayed it does not warp the flares?

yes the flares must be pulled off and sprayed that way the Line-x is in-cased and will not peel off, All the clips can be re used if taken off with proper automotive clip puller. All Line-x is sprayed hot (its the only way to get a fine even texture & Proper Adhesion (sprayed at 160*F)

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

yes the flares must be pulled off and sprayed that way the Line-x is in-cased and will not peel off, All the clips can be re used if taken off with proper automotive clip puller. All Line-x is sprayed hot (its the only way to get a fine even texture & Proper Adhesion (sprayed at 160*F)
[email protected]

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had my flares and rockers linexed. the flares were not removed. they sanded the flares and put on a primer that was supposed to make the linex stick. over a year now and no issues. this is an old pic but nothing has changed

Last edited:

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. I got front and rear bumpers from Rockslide Engineering and going to have them and the flares sprayed. As mentioned, I don't have a Line-X close to me but the company that did my bedliner is Inyati. They said they will sand, primer and then spray the coating, followed by UV protection. Will be done next week.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have experience with my own truck but I've seen a black Raptor with Linex'ed bumpers, flares and hood louvers in person. Looked great.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For all those getting their flares sprayed with line-x be careful they don't spray the bvk or the part that touches the truck because the flares do vibrate and move ad IT WILL scratch the shit out of your paint. You may not notice it that much but if they vibrate and move enough off road those scratches will be very visible along the edge of the flare. And if the clips are worn out it will also cause the flares to move more. I have some bad scratches around my flares and I've had to replace the clips on mine 2 times already cause they do wear off. Now of your truck doesn't go off road then you're fine the pot holes in the mall parking lot aren't enough to rattle the flares.