HP tuners Cam tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Hey yall, talked with a dude out of Cali who swapped a full raptor powertrain and electronics into a f100. Has the truck on nitrous and a totally stock motor with slicks and a 6r80 and he’s doing wheelies lol. Anyways what he told me was making the biggest power gain was about 40hp he got in the top end by retarding cam timing with the VCTs. He’s making 430 at the wheels off nitrous in a tune only truck with an unopened motor and stock headers and intake. Obviously he’s on smaller tires and 2wd but still. He said none of the tuners like JDM or 5star tune for cam timing and just throttle response, so I’m guessing HP tuners would be the best route to go to pull that power out of the truck? I guess what I’m asking is what’s the best way I’ll want to go about tuning like that on my truck myself without dealing with 5star or JDM?

Guardrail

Reaction score
I think you'll have better luck in the HPTuners forum. I found a lot of useful information over there.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Thanks. Just don’t wanna make the $400 investment until I know I’m gonna be able to pull some power from it

phat_raptor

Reaction score
I have HP tuners on my raptor. I've found a good tune over on the HPtuners forums. Now, i'd like to go in and tweak it for more power output. I've definitely noticed a difference in what i've changed so far.