Houston weather check-in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to see how people in the Houston area are faring. I’m one of the people who lost power. I thankfully snagged the last bit of gas at 4am this morning at the one station that somehow still had power. Tree debris is everywhere, reports of several tornadoes. Everyone doing ok?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All good here in fulshear. MY in laws and both sister inlaws are out of power (In Katy). Assuming they are on the grid that got blown down. Thanks for asking! You running on a generator?

OP
OP
shigman

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve got a medium sized generator to run some basics, got 25 gals for the truck and 25 gals for the generator gas cans this morning. One of these days ill be pushed into a whole home natural gas rig.

I’ve been hearing Katy is in rough shape. I sure hope those massive downed power line pictures I’ve seen don’t take too long to stand up.

Last edited:

Cercone

Reaction score
All good In The Woodlands. We have a house generator which came in handy. Power is back on now; unfortunately my sister & brother-in-law’s isn’t and obviously many others.

OP
OP
shigman

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good In The Woodlands. We have a house generator which came in handy. Power is back on now; unfortunately my sister & brother-in-law’s isn’t and obviously many others.
Yeah thats good to hear. We’ve been out of power still, but the HEB 3/4 of a mile from me has 15-20 trucks and dudes talking under EZ ups…. #*$& about to go down….lol

Madhouse

Reaction score
No real damage here, had to use my backup generator for a little over a day, but we're back up now. Spent a decent amount of today helping a widow friend of my wife's getting up and running on backup power. Might have to run my spare gene down to my buddy's house if he can't get his back online. We're blessed, so I'm just helping others as I can.