Has anyone posted pictures of their SDI top hats on their Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’ve searched this forum for hours and hours to make sure Im not that guy that ask’s a question that’s been asked 10,000 times!

It seems I can not find any pictures of a Gen 2 with SDI top hats installed… Has anyone on this forum done it? Mine are on order and have been forever since Fed Ex rolled a truck with these top hats on board, now SDI has been playing Catch up since January!

Curiosity has the best of me and I am second guessing the top hat for Geiser’s, but dont want to break anything as I have a 19 with live valves… the Deavers are already at home waiting for the front end stuff to show up!!
IMG_8370.jpeg

Reaction score
Based off the original thread when the top hats were introduced- there’s very few guys on the forum running them. And that’s including 3rd gen guys.

I’m in a similar boat as you; I’ve gone down the same rabbit hole.

I think I’ve landed on going down to stock height. I like how mine looks being leveled, but I’ve just heard/read too many negative affects of having it lifted for it to be worth it for me.

If they offered it in something super minimal- like 1” of total lift after 50/50 preload/top spacer- I would probably go for it. Who knows. Not sure how well 37” Nittos will fit at stock height.

I definitely want the Deavers regardless.