Got it back from the dyno now the battery dies.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What battery maintainer are you guys running? Are they a direct install? So I have to do anything special with the BMS for them? Do you typically plug in every end of day?

Also..... I want to thank everyone on this!! I have been beyond stressed I had another parasitic draw and I don't think my blood pressure could handle that experience again!!!!!
Meet the GENIUS2D - 2 Amp. A direct-mount onboard battery charger for an under-the-hood battery charging. It's the all-in-one universal charging solution - battery charger, battery maintainer, trickle charger, float charger, plus battery desulfator.

Pos to Pos battery; Neg to BMS (cable side)

Last edited:

brink

Reaction score
Does the "P" for park light up on the dash? It's common in 12th gen f150s to have the parking plunger sensor in the shifter go bad and the truck won't think it's in park which leaves the dash lights on draining the battery.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wire to my rear driver's door was broken when I got my truck.
I think it was for the power lock, but found that REAL common too when I searched cause.

OP
OP
Latchkey Kid

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the "P" for park light up on the dash? It's common in 12th gen f150s to have the parking plunger sensor in the shifter go bad and the truck won't think it's in park which leaves the dash lights on draining the battery.
Should the P light up when you open the door? I am noticing sometimes when I go to get in it's orange and sometimes it's not......

OP
OP
Latchkey Kid

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something I noticed.....

Got in the truck and the "P" was not orange. I closed my door and it light up.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine doesn't light up at All???? The Gear selector lights up? Well thanks for telling me about a new problem.
I went to help you. out find out mine is F up.