Better A-pillar brackets for LP4s than the SDHQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, its really hard to get a good shot - and the wiper arm doesn't hit on the driver side now that I moved it outward. For reference - the driver light I'm using the center hole to mount the light to the outer slot of the SDHQ bracket. For the passenger side, I had to use the inner slot of the SDHQ bracket and the far slot on the BD bracket to bring the light as inboard is possible.

You can see how close the light is to the antenna - there is no other position to where you can mount the light.

View attachment 450843

Here you can see how it is mounted from the light bracket to the SDHQ mount, again all the way inboard. Don't mind the janky tape :p

View attachment 450844

So now on the driver side, you see it is not quite all the way outward, I could go one more slot over but I don't need to, the wiper arm does not hit the light here. It is super close, but it doesn't hit.

View attachment 450845

Here is the mark on the wiper arm on the driver side from hitting the BD mount bracket:

View attachment 450846

and finally, here is a shot of the truck - one may not notice that the lights are not even side to side, but they are not even side to side and it's annoying AF.

View attachment 450848
Got it. Now we are the same page. That is weird. It may be the width difference on the LP4’s Vs XL80’s most people run. My set up is on the small side since I only run Squadron Racers and side shooter S1’s
Great info to know. I have not seen anyone else post about the wiper hitting.

Attachments

• IMG_6368.jpeg
    IMG_6368.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 11

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, its really hard to get a good shot - and the wiper arm doesn't hit on the driver side now that I moved it outward. For reference - the driver light I'm using the center hole to mount the light to the outer slot of the SDHQ bracket. For the passenger side, I had to use the inner slot of the SDHQ bracket and the far slot on the BD bracket to bring the light as inboard is possible.

You can see how close the light is to the antenna - there is no other position to where you can mount the light.

View attachment 450843

Here you can see how it is mounted from the light bracket to the SDHQ mount, again all the way inboard. Don't mind the janky tape :p

View attachment 450844

So now on the driver side, you see it is not quite all the way outward, I could go one more slot over but I don't need to, the wiper arm does not hit the light here. It is super close, but it doesn't hit.

View attachment 450845

Here is the mark on the wiper arm on the driver side from hitting the BD mount bracket:

View attachment 450846

and finally, here is a shot of the truck - one may not notice that the lights are not even side to side, but they are not even side to side and it's annoying AF.

View attachment 450848
I want to run the same setup. I don't want xl 80 because I'm not putting a ton of lights on my rig . I want the most output i can get on the ditch lights. Glad I did not buy these brackets because I have the same antenna .

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK I got some Alternative Offroad brackets that mount to the hood hinge bolts. Super easy to install - the suggestion of doing one bolt at a time so the hood doesn't move is ********. Just outline the hinge on the bottom of the hood with a pencil. Loosen both bolts, the hood will only slide down like 1/4" or so. Put the bracket in, now with one hand move the hood up to the scribed line, tighten hood. Easy. One thing I do notice is that these mounts have a bit of flex in them so the lights jitter around more. I'm leaving my SDHQ mounts on for now, just in case I decide to switch back. The Alt Offroad brackets sit much more forward than the SDHQ ones do but they are MUCH more out of the way. No antenna or wipers to contend with. Here are a couple of pics, note the position of the SDHQ vs the Alt Offroad. At least now the lights are symmetrical, not one further out than the other.

1714078271649.png

1714078314721.png

1714078356187.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had to do some grinding on my AO brackets to get them to actually fit, they weee about 1/8” from fitting

Once I got them ground so they fit, I spent a lot of time on hood alignment. Passenger side of the hood was about.25” higher. Not sure what it was really hitting but eventually lucked into getting it flush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erikn