Baja light stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swifteee

Reaction score
I have a Baja S8 light bar mounted behind my grill on a 2018 raptor. It's worked fine for a few years but suddenly the main bar won't turn on. It is wired to Aux 1. However the amber lights still work. (they are wired to aux 6 and on constantly)

The best I could research says fuse 12 is the aux 1 fuse and I inspected it and it isn't blown. Any other fuses I should check, or anything else that could be the culprit ?? I would hate to have to ship this back for warranty because it wasn't the easiest install...

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d recommend double checking the wires to make sure they weren’t chewed by an animal. If wires are in good shape, you could always wire it to AUX 2 to see if the main light works. Lastly, warranty.

From personal experience, I have had a XL80 (wouldn’t turn on) and ONX6+ bar (moisture build-up) warrantied and Baja Design sent it back after a week or so.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You really need to check the ground and any connections in the harness.

Either do a continuity check on +|- wires, or voltage check at each point from power / ground source to the light. Quick check to rule the light in or out- connect the light power &ground directly to the battery

If the light turns on, you have what @FordTechOne lovingly refers to as a “workmanship issue “

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Baja S8 light bar mounted behind my grill on a 2018 raptor. It's worked fine for a few years but suddenly the main bar won't turn on. It is wired to Aux 1. However the amber lights still work. (they are wired to aux 6 and on constantly)

The best I could research says fuse 12 is the aux 1 fuse and I inspected it and it isn't blown. Any other fuses I should check, or anything else that could be the culprit ?? I would hate to have to ship this back for warranty because it wasn't the easiest install...

Thanks in advance for any help
Hey,

The best way to narrow down the issue is to do a direct power directly from your battery. This will dictate whether you have an issue with the bar or harness. If it comes down to an issue with the light bar feel free to reach out to [email protected]. Our products are covered under a lifetime warranty.

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201