APR Performance Carbon Fiber Hood Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the mods I did shortly after getting my 2019 SCREW was APR Performance carbon fiber gills and hood vent. I really think CF is a nice step up from the black plastic.

IMG_7836.jpeg
IMG_7835.jpeg

Unfortunately, I have to report that the clear coat on the hood vent really did not hold up. I had to take it off and replace the stock vent.

IMG_3555.jpeg
IMG_3556.jpeg
IMG_3559.jpeg

I sent some pictures to APR, but haven't heard back from them yet. I'll report back if I do.

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all I've read about APR, they will probably make it right. Seem to be a great company. Good Luck and post your outcome please.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Similiar thing happened to me. Sold the parts, they turned yellow. Mine were from Anderson Composites. The guy that bought them used Automotive grade clear coat to refinish. So might be an option for you.

OP
OP
CigarPundit

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard back from them. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt. As fas as I'm concerned, they suck. Never again. Total BS. My M3 is dripping with factory carbon fiber--the entire roof is CF, among other things. The car is two years older than the Rap and the CF looks like the day I took delivery. These after market companies need to learn how to finish their parts. It's not rocket science.