Any aftermarket exhaust available for the R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The R exhaust is underwhelming in my opinion. It has too much of a muffled/restricted tone.

I’m not a TRX fan, but my TRX sounded much better idling and under acceleration. I don’t want a super overbearing exhaust, but I need more than this…
I do think you need to give it some miles for the packing to wear in and spend some time in all modes. It’s a great sounding truck IMO.

With that said I fully endorse removing a resonator or two, or four. Or six for that matter if you really like to party naked.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think you need to give it some miles for the packing to wear in and spend some time in all modes. It’s a great sounding truck IMO.

With that said I fully endorse removing a resonator or two, or four. Or six for that matter if you really like to party naked.
Is there another way to party?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s 6 resonators, I just haven’t decided how many and which ones I’ll remove. But I tend to agree, it needs just a little bit more.
I didn’t realize there were that many, that seems excessive.

It worries me that they had to use 6 to keep it from having an annoying drone at highway speeds… I have zero interest in removing resonators if the tradeoff is drone.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It my take me awhile to get to naked party status but we’ll get there.

Two resonators removed. contemplating removing the two and leaving the packed tips or going wide open.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
I did a-type and borla tips. Is still reasonable on quiet mode, after that it’s varying levels of loud af.

Hard R

Reaction score
Atak + Borla tips: loud and raspy on higher RPM like their promo video. The cold start is real aggressive as well. However, normal driving is not bad. Wife mode is impressively quiet and sounds like the stock quiet mode.

1000017691.jpg

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atak + Borla tips: loud and raspy on higher RPM like their promo video. The cold start is real aggressive as well. However, normal driving is not bad. Wife mode is impressively quiet and sounds like the stock quiet mode.

View attachment 452321
Are you in socal? Would love to hear this in person