Alternative Ordering from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So we will be getting a 17 Raptor for sure. Ill be keeping my 11 Screw and trading in my wife's 14 Edge Sport when the time comes. (she doesnt care it may sound like a vacuum) I wanted to know if there was any alternative ways to order the truck directly from Ford. Honestly, I haven't had the best of luck with any of the Austin Texas area dealers, both sales and service, that I would rather purchase another type of vehicle before going up there again. If I cant make something happen we will prob lean towards the new diesel Titan. Let me know if you know any other ways to get your hands on one. I would love to have it shipped to my door!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not all dealers are bad. I purchased my 2013 at Invoice. No negotiation necessary. I called the same dealer and I am #1 on the list for the 2017 Raptor ... at invoice again.

You are correct .. you are out of luck as You can't buy directly from a manufacturer. I don't know of any manufacturer that sells directly.

I just don't want to mess with a dealer at all. Looks like I'm out of luck

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Tell me what you want and I will order it and then sell it to you at MSRP. :)

I just don't want to mess with a dealer at all. Looks like I'm out of luck

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Not all dealers are bad. I purchased my 2013 at Invoice. No negotiation necessary. I called the same dealer and I am #1 on the list for the 2017 Raptor ... at invoice again.

You are correct .. you are out of luck as You can't buy directly from a manufacturer. I don't know of any manufacturer that sells directly.

Tesla was originally looking to do this (order online and have it delivered directly to you), but I believe certain government officials don't like it...

Where can Tesla sell cars? | Forums | Tesla Motors

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Boys - take notes - this is how you buy your 2017 Raptor for a great price.

Have you ever heard of the Ford Xplan - available to employees, family members of employess and preferred suppliers? Well it is actually available to you as well even if you don't qualify under one of the above.

Link: http://actonford.com/Ford-X-Plan-Details-Eligibility-Discounts-Employers/

Here is how you qualify for the Xplan today if you are not an employee:

1. Own 100 shares of Ford Stock for at least 6 "consecutive" months prior to your purchase of any Ford vehicle.

2. When you are ready to order call Ford Investor Relations. Get required paperwork and provide them with required paperwork and documentation.

3. Once approved (a quick process) you will be given a "pin" number directly from Ford.

4. Call your local Ford Dealer - ask for the Sales Mgr. or Gen. Mgr. Tell them you want to buy a new Raptor under the XPlan and you have your approved PIN number in hand.

5. They will process your order (or will have their Finance or Fleet Mgr. do so).

6. You will get your Truck based on the XPlan pricing which is a set price from Ford (dealer has nothing to do with it). In addition the set caps on all fees dealer can charge you as well. You will never want to buy any other way (except being a Ford Employee or related family member) from Ford again.

You might ask won't the dealer be pissed? Answer is no - Xplan vehicles are not part of the Dealer allocation - so your order is an "extra" truck for them, albiet with little profit, they still get to try and win your service business etc... And that truck counts in their monthly allocation for incentives and bonus $ etc... So They are happy to help you.

My brother used this for his platnium and Expidition last year. Pricing was 0.4% over of dealer invoice (not MSRP, dealer cost). He told me about it when he got his Platnium F150 and I forgot - bought my Raptor and then he reminded me - dumb move on my part - cost me $4,000 +/- on my Raptor which I got for $1,000 off MSRP.

You will also qualify for any incentives and rebates, financing offered at that time. I now own 100 Ford Shares and will be ready for my next Ford Purchase if the Xplan stays in place. Even if you don't have the cash for 100 shares - you can by 5 shares a month and you will have all you need come time for your 2017 purchase.

Forget the speculation arguement on stock value increase or decrease over time offsetting benefits. If you buy and hold you will be fine and have Xplan pricing as long as the program exists.

Ford closed at 15.11 today, so that is $1,511 to save $4,000-5,000 on your next Raptor!

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good try but the Xplan can not be applied to the Raptor. Yes. There are some that have tried it and it works but that's due the dealership not knowing that you can't apply the Xplan to the Raptor.

Ok Boys - take notes - this is how you buy your 2017 Raptor for a great price.

Have you ever heard of the Ford Xplan - available to employees, family members of employess and preferred suppliers? Well it is actually available to you as well even if you don't qualify under one of the above.

Here is how you qualify for the Xplan today:

1. Buy 100 shares of Ford Stock and own it for at least 6 "consecutive" months prior to your purchase of any Ford vehicle.

2. When you are ready to order call Ford Investor Relations. Get required paperwork and provide them with required paperwork and documentation.

3. Once approved (a quick process) you will be given a "pin" number directly from Ford.

4. Call your local Ford Dealer - ask for the Sales Mgr. or Gen. Mgr. Tell them you want to buy a new Raptor under the XPlan and you have your approved PIN number in hand.

5. They will process your order (or will have their Finance or Fleet Mgr. do so).

6. You will get your Truck based on the XPlan pricing which is a set price from Ford (dealer has nothing to do with it). In addition the set caps on all fees dealer can charge you as well. You will never want to buy any other way (except being a Ford Employee or related family member) from Ford again.

You might ask won't the dealer be pissed? Answer is no - Xplan vehicles are not part of the Dealer allocation - so your order is an "extra" truck for them, albiet with little profit, they still get to try and win your service business etc... And that truck counts in their monthly allocation for incentives and bonus $ etc... So They are happy to help you.

My brother used this for his platnium and Expidition last year. Pricing was 0.4% over of dealer invoice (not MSRP, dealer cost). He told me about it when he got his Platnium F150 and I forgot - bought my Raptor and then he reminded me - dumb move on my part - cost me $4,000 +/- on my Raptor which I got for $1,000 off MSRP.

You will also qualify for any incentives and rebates, financing offered at that time. I now own 100 Ford Shares and will be ready for my next Ford Purchase if the Xplan stays in place. Even if you don't have the cash for 100 shares - you can by 5 shares a month and you will have all you need come time for your 2017 purchase.

Forget the speculation arguement on stock value increase or decrease over time offsetting benefits. If you buy and hold you will be fine and have Xplan pricing as long as the program exists.

Ford closed at 15.11 today, so that is $1,511 to save $4,000-5,000 on your next Raptor!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

take notes on this. Buy a raptor at Invoice and you will save roughly 4k (save more if you get more options). :)

I saved 4100 on my 2013 raptor. :)

Last edited: