Airbag dash light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@nikhsub1 have you found a resolution to issue as I am experiencing the exact same problem also have a Autotecpro? Dash light only appears when someone is present in the passenger seat. I have ran successful test on the FCIM, OSC reset/ reboot, and checked every connection back to the head unit as well. Anyone have any thoughts?
No sir no resolution yet.

c5chris99

Reaction score
FIXED!!!
I was just working with Autotec and they mentioned to try putting the old radio back in. I did this and found the same result. Figure while I had it out i would just check the FCIM that I transferred over from the stock radio. When I removed the upper board found that one of the LED lights from the airbag pad was resting in the pocket where the LED transmits light to airbag on the autotec display. Looks like the solder joint failed from ford. I re-soldered it and airbag problem fixed!!!! Suggest checking yours, hopefully this fix works for you.

BTW: Autotec has some great support. This issue really pertains to the radio and hvac modules you transfer over to the display and they promptly helped even though its really not their issue.

Attachments

• Image (47).jpg
    Image (47).jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2024-04-03 190452.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 190452.png
    58 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-04-03 190600.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 190600.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FIXED!!!
I was just working with Autotec and they mentioned to try putting the old radio back in. I did this and found the same result. Figure while I had it out i would just check the FCIM that I transferred over from the stock radio. When I removed the upper board found that one of the LED lights from the airbag pad was resting in the pocket where the LED transmits light to airbag on the autotec display. Looks like the solder joint failed from ford. I re-soldered it and airbag problem fixed!!!! Suggest checking yours, hopefully this fix works for you.

BTW: Autotec has some great support. This issue really pertains to the radio and hvac modules you transfer over to the display and they promptly helped even though its really not their issue.
Bruh :favorites37: will check mine soon. So, was there a missing piece that you soldered back on? The green pcb you circled looks like a round piece is missing?

c5chris99

Reaction score
Yah when I removed the board it was sitting in that little square pocket.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 190601.png

That pocket is pretty tight to the board to transfer the light to exterior. Hopefully yours is sitting there as well. If not try picking up a new module or used one of ebay. Looks like they are around the $200 range, I have not been able to find just the board. Trust me, I looked just in case I screwed it up. It is a small LED, probably less than 1/8"

Ebay FCIM Module

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-03 190600.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 190600.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-04-03 190452.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 190452.png
    58 KB · Views: 2

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FIXED!!!

You sir, are a Wizard !

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I took mine apart - my led is also missing! But, it is nowhere to be found. I did try to solder the to points together, and I did but the airbag light remains on...

c5chris99

Reaction score
Ugh, yes most likely that would happen as the circuit is looking for a specific resistance that the led draws. Easy path eBay a whole FCIM more adventurous path see if you can find that led part number or place a resistor in it’s place. To figure out the resistance use a multi-meter to test across one of the existing leds.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LEDs are a diode. They don’t have a specific resistance. You won’t be able to spec one from measurements.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, yes most likely that would happen as the circuit is looking for a specific resistance that the led draws. Easy path eBay a whole FCIM more adventurous path see if you can find that led part number or place a resistor in it’s place. To figure out the resistance use a multi-meter to test across one of the existing leds.
Yeah I thought that just connecting the points wouldn't work but while it was out I thought wtf not.