2024 Raptor R High Idle At Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the crusher here, but I question how many of you had performance cars (or cars in general for those concerned about high idle upon startup lol) before purchasing this truck.

Every single high compression, high hp engine, I've ever had has had backfires and burbles off throttle. Should have been around my cammed LS3, it sounded like M80s going off with a BTR Stage 4 cam.

My GT350 burbles and pops all the time off throttle coasting, especially in lower gears.
I am so "crushed" that I am going to the corner and cry.

I did not view this as complained, but comparing notes.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to be the crusher here, but I question how many of you had performance cars (or cars in general for those concerned about high idle upon startup lol) before purchasing this truck.

Every single high compression, high hp engine, I've ever had has had backfires and burbles off throttle. Should have been around my cammed LS3, it sounded like M80s going off with a BTR Stage 4 cam.

My GT350 burbles and pops all the time off throttle coasting, especially in lower gears.
True with the exception that the predator isn’t really a high compression engine.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That’s because engines that old did not have fuel injection or variable timing and had a manual choke in the cab. Lol

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Valid point, looks to be 9.5:1 So its alllllmost there.
No it’s not really that close. 8-10 is what most would consider “low” compression typical on any forced induction motor. High compression n/a performance motors are usually 11-12.5, higher on race fuel.

Crackles and burbles are related to fueling and timing, not compression.