2024 Initial Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenoRaptor1

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the 24s drive 10x better than the 23? Even the steering is different.
I completely agree, one of the first things I noticed was the steering feel. I had a 2022 Gen3 with 8k miles that I traded in for my 2024. So a low mileage truck and the steering is noticeably smoother and lighter feeling on my 24’ then the 22’. Suspension feels smoother too.

RawrtorBaby

Reaction score
Hi gang, I just picked up a new March build 801A shelter green. Two things that feel odd and want to check with you all before going to the dealer: 1) at low speeds I hear a metal clink middle of the truck, like I’m putting tension on the chassis or bed at low speeds. 2) the footwell in the back seat behind the driver has a hump like a bolt is sticking out.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi gang, I just picked up a new March build 801A shelter green. Two things that feel odd and want to check with you all before going to the dealer: 1) at low speeds I hear a metal clink middle of the truck, like I’m putting tension on the chassis or bed at low speeds. 2) the footwell in the back seat behind the driver has a hump like a bolt is sticking out.
Under the carpet on the rear driver side I found a plastic retainer under the carpet. I just popped the door sill trim and pulled it out. May be the same thing? Sounds exactly like you described.

alockbox

Reaction score
Is it just me or the storage compartment under the rear seats is smaller?
I don’t know how, but it seems smaller. It also doesn’t seem to lock anymore. So much for the “partitioned lockable underseat storage”

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
I don’t know how, but it seems smaller. It also doesn’t seem to lock anymore. So much for the “partitioned lockable underseat storage”
They consider it lockable when you fold down the rear seats and lock the actual seat so it can't be pushed/lifted up to gain access.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 7.13.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 7.13.04 AM.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 23

alockbox

Reaction score
They consider it lockable when you fold down the rear seats and lock the actual seat so it can't be pushed/lifted up to gain access.
Yes that’s what I meant. I’ll have to lock again but I don’t recall seeing that lock on my seat. I only looked quickly but I may have missed it only looking at one side. Everyone else with a 24 have the lock?