2019 Rear clunk or popping noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pax4d

Reaction score
Guys,
I have a popping noise coming from the rear of the truck (I think more passenger) when I turn the truck. I really only hear it at slow speeds, but if I drive down the street and turn wheel right and left to rock the truck I can make the noise show up consistently. I have had my shocks rebuilt about 15,000 miles ago and Deavers added at that time. The Deavers do squeak a bit, but this is not a squeak. I have powerwashed the springs, checked bolts (they seem tight), I have greased the springs and still have same popping noise. Not saying the popping is the spring, just my best guess. It almost sounds like something rolling in my bed, but I have nothing in my bed and I cleaned out my toolbox to make sure nothing in it was moving. Spare tire is secured. Anyone have any ideas?

jdholder

Reaction score
I’ve traced my popping to my Deavers. Don’t know the exact mechanism that is causing the pop, but it is annoying. I’m looking for a local leaf spring rebuilder that can perhaps replace the plastic shims between the springs to see if that will get it to stop.

This is the first set of Devers I’ve had that have uniquely popped. Most all
Squeak.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Icon leaf springs. The shop that installed them for me tried everything they could. In the end Icon replaced under warranty, the new ones have been fine. If it happens again I'm putting the stock ones back.