GEN 2 Aluminum bed floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because you have magic insight into material strength.

Lol do I need magical insight to look at a sharp corner on a heavy ass highlift slamming around in the bed during jumps to know that it would tear through an aluminum bed like a coke can? I don't think so, if you do then great.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a die hard ford truck enthusiast and would never sway from the ford trucks. That being said, on building the ford tough slogan for the f-series, the 1 thing that should be bullet proof on a pickup truck would be the bed floor. That is the #1 essence of the truck. There will always be places to find weight savings, they could've easily had a section of steel in or maybe gone to composite. I tend to think it was maybe the marketing of being able to say it's ALL aluminum.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

The half tons are already getting a bad rap for being labelled as a "mall queen", and this only reinforces that stereotype. Although, that would give ford advertising for the F-250/350's over the F-150.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real world version of the same test...

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I'll take real world data over gimmicks any day.

12308776_1056868120990389_7700803297538796906_n.jpg

Rumor has it some dude left his saw on in the back of the truck. The saw scared his Pit Bull and the dog attack the lower part of the truck. His wife was so pissed off he didn't buy a Chevy with a steel bed she came out and hit the taillight with her makeup bag. This was all done right before two ISIS terrorist were caught plotting to use the truck as a shield thinking it was military grade protection.

So sad.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Real world version of the same test...

Not the same test, nothing was really dropped, and the bed is lined, but still a cool video.