Tailgate with stock backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kinkrider888

Reaction score
I have a back-up camera on my Raptor and noticed there was a wire that connects the tailgate to the bed of the truck. If I want to remove my tailgate how would i do so with the wire??

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeffrey, there's a plug that connects the camera cable in the tailgate to the rest of the cable and you need to disconnect it. Crawl under the truck and you should be able to see it.

I higly recommend you have at least 2 people to remove the tailgate (three is better - one to disconnect the cable). It's way heavier to lift than we realize when simply closing it.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I higly recommend you have at least 2 people to remove the tailgate (three is better - one to disconnect the cable). It's way heavier to lift than we realize when simply closing it.
Wussy.

:mrgreen:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wussy.

:mrgreen:

Funny you should say that (well, not funny, really). I did manhandle my tailgate off and on the Raptor. And it was a big mistake because my tailgate has the scratches to prove it. (I speak from experience - for those who don't choose to learn from my mistake, don't let me hear you complain about YOUR scratches).

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(Hey I didn't say you were wrong... just that your a wussy. More of a general observation :mrgreen:)

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in your glove box, there's a plastic cap to cover the exposed camera wire connector.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should say that (well, not funny, really). I did manhandle my tailgate off and on the Raptor. And it was a big mistake because my tailgate has the scratches to prove it. (I speak from experience - for those who don't choose to learn from my mistake, don't let me hear you complain about YOUR scratches).

Well, I wouldn't say you MANhandled your tailgate... sounds like it's more like the Tailgate "handled" you! <G>

Thanks for sharing so other people don't do the same...

Falcon

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^You mean its NOT a toothpick? And here I thought my Raptor was like a Swiss Army knife... you know... the hood works like tweezers, doors are opposing scissors, my right sideways front towhook is a knife, the left is a saw, the skidpate a file...

modern-design-swiss-army-knife.jpg