Replacing Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here either replaced or researched replacing the carpet in the Raptor, or even a regular SCab, with rubber floor mats like old trucks had back in the day? Like the 70's Fords have a rubber floor liner and I had found some for Broncos back when I had one. Also, anyone have any gripes and/or insightful input on this?

Consideriing the truck is mainly for offroading, I'd imagine the carpet would take a beating. I saw the Weather tech floor mat posts and that is a very good alternative, but I really loved how old trucks have it.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Try the Weathertech liners first. They cover just about all the carpet. To remove the carpeting isn't difficult but it is time consuming. Pull all the seats, console, and door sills. Use the old carpet as a template to cut your new material.

Vidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the carpet out of my 04 scab once.
had to pull all the seats, and unscrew the center console. then we just rolled the carpet up from the rear to the front and lifted it out one of the doors.

heres what the floor looked like
IMAG0051.jpg
IMAG0052.jpg

i imagine the raptor would look similar under the carpet.

the yellowy sections on the floor are sound dampening things i think.

I've read that the jeep guys will spray/roll bed liner on their floor for protection/traction/looks and to make cleanup easy as they can basically spray out the interior.

not sure what you would do with the floor air vents.

OP
OP
crashmc302

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I really wanted to, I suppose I'd have to do it myself. I was talking about pre-cut, molded rubber/vinyl/I'm not sure what kind of material. No worries, doesn't hafta be for a Raptor, but the pics Vidiot threw up are helpful. Thx

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the really bottom of the line base F-150 have the rubber floors? I was thinking that since most of them are usually used by contractors, they might make the rubber flooring for them. You may want to check with the dealer parts/body guys.

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor62 said:
Doesn't the really bottom of the line base F-150 have the rubber floors? I was thinking that since most of them are usually used by contractors, they might make the rubber flooring for them. You may want to check with the dealer parts/body guys.

Yeah the work trucks and even the stx's have it. If it's anything like the factory carpet it can be kinda pricey.