Break in & robbery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The great state of Texas and ya'll can't stop someone from doing this?

Are they doing this in daylight?
There’s a ridiculous amount of vehicles stolen every day in Dallas. Yes, in broad daylight and not just the nice trucks.

Had my Escalade stolen in front of Best Buy store couple months ago. My wife got out with our young kids and started walking into the store, when thieves jumped out, opened the door, started it and took off. Yes, she had the key fob on her, and yes, she locked it when getting out. No, she didn’t have a gun on her and shoot at them. She’s not me.

I raced up there as fast as I could while on phone with Onstar. So everyone knows, Onstar is worthless. Besides, the thieves disabled the GPS on it 12mins after stealing it, then drove it through middle of Park Cities to avoid Dallas PD.

Speaking of PD’s…stolen vehicles are low on the priority. With police departments very much understaffed and the surmounting crime and rapid increase in population of the city, priority goes to crimes against the people - especially violent crimes. A stolen vehicle is a property crime.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve heard about stolen vehicles, I don’t want it back after they clip wires and fool with the electronics. It’ll never be the same after they do whatever they do to it. I don’t treat my empty vehicles like I do my house. I’ll call up the insurance and get a check for 80K for a car.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve heard about stolen vehicles, I don’t want it back after they clip wires and fool with the electronics. It’ll never be the same after they do whatever they do to it. I don’t treat my empty vehicles like I do my house. I’ll call up the insurance and get a check for 80K for a car.

THAT’S A FACT!!!

I didn’t want this thing back. They damage the vehicles to where they are never the same. Probably would smell of weed, booze, and other rank hood-rat smells. And I would forever have issues with the vehicle after insurance fixes it.

Allstate said they give it two weeks to be found before declaring it a loss. I was praying they wouldn’t find it.

Two days before the two weeks is up, I get an email from Allstate saying they found it.

I contacted a guy I know in the auto-theft unit of the police department. He looked it up and sent me a pic of it recovered. . GTG…that’s what I wanted to see. Total loss.

E2B3962C-F31F-429D-B6C5-767EDD788E89.jpeg

Last edited:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT’S A FACT!!!

I didn’t want this thing back. They damage the vehicles to where they are never the same. Probably would smell of weed, booze, and other rank hood-rat smells. And I would forever have issues with the vehicle after insurance fixes it.

Allstate said they give it two weeks to be found before declaring it a loss. I was praying they wouldn’t find it.

Two days before the two weeks is up, I get an email from Allstate saying they found it.

I contacted a guy I know in the auto-theft unit of the police department. He looked it up and sent me a pic of it recovered. . GTG…that’s what I wanted to see. Total loss.

View attachment 452058
Holy Crap! If there was ever a scraped vehicle, that is the definition. I guess they want all the copper wiring too. They even took the windshield wipers...sheessh

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
correct, the sync master reset is unsecured, so in 10 seconds max, the thief can perform a master reset and completely wipe out location services, disconnecting you from FordPass updates, tracking, etc.
That’s a major security flaw that, if it were made by say and IT company, bank, medical facility, insurance provider, etc. it would be a career ending flaw for those responsible.