Anyone considering a Ranger Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has been informative.

Def considering the Ranger Raptor since I've been looking at upgrading to a Gen 2 for a while now. My primary concern relates to giving up the interior space, but like most folks, it's only me in the truck 90% of the time.

Then again, also considering the Jeep Gladiator because taking the doors off and dropping the left leg out of your vehicle is sooooooooooo satisfying.... coming from a 2003 wrangler owner.

I'll probably wait to decide once we see what aftermarket support is available in a year or two. In the meantime I have two vehicles that I absolutely love for different reasons.

I wanted to like the Gladiator, but it just felt ponderously slow once you got past 40mph or so. If they would put the Hurricane, even the standard output, in it then that may revive sales some. I also don't care about the convertible aspect, so that wasn't a decision point for me.

The Mojave rode pretty nice, steering felt good, etc. Every Rubicon I drove needed a lot of steering input, I guess the difference being the tires? Felt like it would be tiresome on longer trips. I'd have went Mojave had I bought one. I like the Ranger better, though I understand if you want to take the top off the Jeep wins that argument.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing that pic. And with my 23 F150 Raptor giving me issues. Id be open to moving into a ranger raptor. I like the interior and size more. The F150 Raptor is not fun to daily drive around suburbia. I love it on road trips but its huge size is a bitch at times living in crowded socal.

Its temping, but the ADMs I see on them make me laugh. Ford dealers are the most greedy SOB's out of all the dealers Ive shopped from. Its always Ford dealersship that have those slimball sales managers with the plaid coat, greasy hair and one gold tooth running these ADM games.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost looks like the RR has some trickery going on to look as large as it does.

Keep in mind today's midsize trucks are yesterday's full size trucks by footprint. A current Ranger Raptor has the exact same width as a 70's or '80s F-150 and falls between a regular cab short bed and regular cab long bed for length. The main difference is how much is cab and how much is bed.